Gear recommendation and cruise control problem

adiirl

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to the forum and I've problem with my car audi a6 c6 2009 2.0tdi CAGB 140bhp.
I had gearbox replaced however the gearbox is out from 170bhp audi a6 c6 CAHA which has different ratios on the 4,5,6th gears. My problem is that the gear shift recommendation does't work on the gears 4,5,6th and its not displaying on the DIS on the cluster on these gears. Also cruise control is not working on these gears. Is there an option to code ecu or abs or cluster to match the values from the 170bhp gearbox instead of 140bhp? I will add that i've vcds and also gear box is 6speed manual. It used to be JWS gearbox standard for my a6 c6 CAGB 2.0 tdi 140bhp and now its HCK out of a6 c6 CAHA 2.0 tdi 170bhp. Car is facelift model.

Any help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
Welcome to this forum, please post a full scan of your car, put it between [ code] and [ /code]-tags...

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I really doubt this problem can be fixed via coding. As a general rule, different gear ratios will have to be patched into a table in the ECU by someone with tuning/remapping capabilities.

-Uwe-

adiirl

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Welcome to this forum, please post a full scan of your car, put it between [ code] and [ /code]-tags...

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

adiirl

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi Uwe thats what i was thinking too but wasn't sure about it, so a person with remapping programs be able to adjust the ratios in my ecu map? And this should sort out the issue?

adiirl

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
I see sorry, i just got this of my friend who had vcds and borrow it to me and helped me with the scan today, didnt had a clue it was pirate version of it :/
All i just wanted to find out how to fix the issue either by someone to code my ecu, abs or cluster or by remapping my ecu since iv no clue how to fix it?

Thanks any way.

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
Put the right gearbox on the car, you can't fix this with VCDS...

adiirl

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Well i know i can get right gearbox but if some1 can get it done by mapping it then i rather get some1 to do it instead of getting another gearbox. Thanks for all replys at least i know now it cant be done with vcds only some1 who can map it to my ecu from what i can see

Back