Thread: Gear recommendation and cruise control problem

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

Gear recommendation and cruise control problem

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and I've problem with my car audi a6 c6 2009 2.0tdi CAGB 140bhp.
    I had gearbox replaced however the gearbox is out from 170bhp audi a6 c6 CAHA which has different ratios on the 4,5,6th gears. My problem is that the gear shift recommendation does't work on the gears 4,5,6th and its not displaying on the DIS on the cluster on these gears. Also cruise control is not working on these gears. Is there an option to code ecu or abs or cluster to match the values from the 170bhp gearbox instead of 140bhp? I will add that i've vcds and also gear box is 6speed manual. It used to be JWS gearbox standard for my a6 c6 CAGB 2.0 tdi 140bhp and now its HCK out of a6 c6 CAHA 2.0 tdi 170bhp. Car is facelift model.

Any help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to this forum, please post a full scan of your car, put it between [ code] and [ /code]-tags...
    Golf VII, 1.6TDI BM Ed. 40 - 110 PK

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I really doubt this problem can be fixed via coding. As a general rule, different gear ratios will have to be patched into a table in the ECU by someone with tuning/remapping capabilities.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes Mari liked this post
    Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    Welcome to this forum, please post a full scan of your car, put it between [ code] and [ /code]-tags...
    Code:
    Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 01-27-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe thats what i was thinking too but wasn't sure about it, so a person with remapping programs be able to adjust the ratios in my ecu map? And this should sort out the issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see sorry, i just got this of my friend who had vcds and borrow it to me and helped me with the scan today, didnt had a clue it was pirate version of it :/
    All i just wanted to find out how to fix the issue either by someone to code my ecu, abs or cluster or by remapping my ecu since iv no clue how to fix it?

Thanks any way.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put the right gearbox on the car, you can't fix this with VCDS...
    Golf VII, 1.6TDI BM Ed. 40 - 110 PK

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well i know i can get right gearbox but if some1 can get it done by mapping it then i rather get some1 to do it instead of getting another gearbox. Thanks for all replys at least i know now it cant be done with vcds only some1 who can map it to my ecu from what i can see