Security access codes

budvidua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356887
I've read in several posts that if you want your security access codes to look in a service/repair manual specific to your vehicle. I have said manual, and OEM at that, but what catergory would these codes be in? 05 A6C64F

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I've read in several posts that if you want your security access codes to look in a service/repair manual specific to your vehicle. I have said manual, and OEM at that, but what catergory would these codes be in? 05 A6C64F
They used to be in those manuals, back in the day when manuals had step-by-step scan tool instructions. But that pretty much went away with the advent of (mis)guided functions in the VAS software (the predecessor to ODIS).

Is there something in particular that you think you need a security access code for in that car?

-Uwe-

budvidua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356887
Is there something in particular that you think you need a security access code for in that car?

-Uwe-

Yes, I currently only have 1 immobilizer/key fob, but it's showing 2 in vcds. Wanting to delete one to feel 'safer'. I do have 2 OEM new ones with correct id's that match the original, but that's another ordeal as I found out they can only be cloned by a locksmith (know a guy) and not programmed through the dealer. I understand that scenario as well, so a no go. And, is there a way to tell which one to delete? Or not worth the risk unless I pay a stealership. Thanks for your help, I feel this investment in vcds has already paid for itself. Kudos to your dedication and hard work.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, I currently only have 1 immobilizer/key fob, but it's showing 2 in vcds. Wanting to delete one to feel 'safer'.
That cannot be done with a "Security Access Code" on a 4F A6. It's a challenge/response and the challenge changes every time the ignition is cycled. To make it even more complicated, the algorithm to computer the requisite response from the challenge does not exist in the dealers' scan tool, only on the corporate server.

-Uwe-

Back