Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Security access codes

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Security access codes

    I've read in several posts that if you want your security access codes to look in a service/repair manual specific to your vehicle. I have said manual, and OEM at that, but what catergory would these codes be in? 05 A6C64F

  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    23,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by budvidua View Post
    I've read in several posts that if you want your security access codes to look in a service/repair manual specific to your vehicle. I have said manual, and OEM at that, but what catergory would these codes be in? 05 A6C64F
    They used to be in those manuals, back in the day when manuals had step-by-step scan tool instructions. But that pretty much went away with the advent of (mis)guided functions in the VAS software (the predecessor to ODIS).

    Is there something in particular that you think you need a security access code for in that car?

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
  4. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Is there something in particular that you think you need a security access code for in that car?

    -Uwe-
    Yes, I currently only have 1 immobilizer/key fob, but it's showing 2 in vcds. Wanting to delete one to feel 'safer'. I do have 2 OEM new ones with correct id's that match the original, but that's another ordeal as I found out they can only be cloned by a locksmith (know a guy) and not programmed through the dealer. I understand that scenario as well, so a no go. And, is there a way to tell which one to delete? Or not worth the risk unless I pay a stealership. Thanks for your help, I feel this investment in vcds has already paid for itself. Kudos to your dedication and hard work.

  5. #4
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    23,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by budvidua View Post
    Yes, I currently only have 1 immobilizer/key fob, but it's showing 2 in vcds. Wanting to delete one to feel 'safer'.
    That cannot be done with a "Security Access Code" on a 4F A6. It's a challenge/response and the challenge changes every time the ignition is cycled. To make it even more complicated, the algorithm to computer the requisite response from the challenge does not exist in the dealers' scan tool, only on the corporate server.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •