Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda 1.8 Tsi low oil pressure

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Skoda 1.8 Tsi low oil pressure

hi I have a skoda super b 1.8tsi in my workshop, the car say low oil pressure rpm limit 4000 rpm, I unassabled a engine, I change a ballance shafts, oil pump, the camshafts are perfects but I have a problem, somebody have this problem?
    the vag com say only oil oressure switch, this switch are not a problem, because I install a oil gauge and I dont have more tham 25 psi in wot, and about 5 psi on ible.
    thanks

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post an auto-scan please Alvaro.........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Post an auto-scan please Alvaro.........
    What is the mileage and condition of crank bearing?, guess scan would answer some of that.

Larimore

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanna check oil PSI controlled regulation volume as per the RTFB too by doing the JPPSG.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

Is a oil bypass stuck open slightly?

Skoda 1.8 Tsi low oil pressure

hi I have a skoda super b 1.8tsi in my workshop, the car say low oil pressure rpm limit 4000 rpm, I unassabled a engine, I change a ballance shafts, oil pump, the camshafts are perfects but I have a problem, somebody have this problem?
    the vag com say only oil oressure switch, this switch are not a problem, because I install a oil gauge and I dont have more tham 25 psi in wot, and about 5 psi on ible.
    thanks
    These tests don't cut the mustard for the Bavarian pretzel.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Wanna check oil PSI controlled regulation volume as per the RTFB too by doing the JPPSG.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

Is a oil bypass stuck open slightly?

These tests don't cut the mustard for the Bavarian pretzel.
    As stated all my experience is VW TDI, other than some friends cars but know the 1.8 from classes is a historic sludge motor along with numerous others, Toyota and Chrysler come to mind.

Know the 1,8 as you stated plugs screens which you say remove.

Again, are these and others full of sludge from poor maint, as know lots of folks with the 1.8 that don't have the issue.

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated all my experience is VW TDI, other than some friends cars but know the 1.8 from classes is a historic sludge motor along with numerous others, Toyota and Chrysler come to mind.

Know the 1,8 as you stated plugs screens which you say remove.

Again, are these and others full of sludge from poor maint, as know lots of folks with the 1.8 that don't have the issue.

LARIMORE

Would you remove screens at oil fed adjusters or tensioners that are post oil filter or pickup screen in sump & that would prevent an engine from running proper & isn't it a known fact that in the TSI engines, the screens themselves break down and become vicarious FOD to damage an engine cylinder head etc. regardless of oil change history & all on its own proving me even more right since the 1.8T days & not for oil pump pickup's and stated again for clarity?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP should clarify what particular 1.8 TSI engine model this car has - BZB or the infamous CDAA?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I cant because the engine is unassambled now, thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the car has 62k kilometers, I unassambled the engine and all is perfect, all is ok, crankshaft bearings, rod bearings, ballance shafts, camshafts, and cylinder head cover , thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larry, I unassambled a engine, all is perfect,