CodingCompare Tool finally localized

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Dear Community,

I'm very happy to announce that my little tool for comparing Codings and Auto-Scans is finally localized and available in english and it does understand VCDS Auto-Scans created with the english Version.

The application has two different faces.

Mode 1 is starting the application without any context, just double-click on it.

Then you have the possibility to Drag&Drop or Paste two Auto-Scans to the empty text fields.

A green background indicates that the Auto-Scan is detected as valid.
It is key to really use non re-formatted stuff but really the original Auto-Scans that are saved by VCDS. Otherwise it is likely that the crazy text parsing does not work properly.

Clicking "Start" does reveal control units with the same SW part number but different codings.
In addition it is possible to loosen this filter regarding index character or even chassis type (first three letters in part number).
Checking "only differences" will just compare all control units from Scan 1 with these that are also existent in Scan 2.

2019-01-1913_36_49-vcexk84.jpg

Double-Clicking on a coding value (in this case 0471151011) does open a pseudo-LCode GUI that highlights the bytes that differ.

2019-01-1913_38_25-sclskxy.jpg

You can copy the forum code to publish your examinations in any forum. I don't know it the code and font size stuff does fit for every forum ;)
In the RT forum here it produces this text:

Address 10: 5QA 919 294 B <--> 5QA 919 294 B

Coding 1: 0471151011
Coding 2: 0471051011

Byte 2, Bit 4

You also can do a quick comparison of some random hex values for those non-hex-super-calculator brains: (Screenshot of german version)
2017-08-27-00-02-39-vcds-autoscan-vergleichstaschenmesser-by-hadez16-7507667310591753734.jpg

Mode 2 is starting the application with an Auto-Scan as context.

Drag & Drop an Auto-Scan file on the application, or drag & drop another Auto-Scan file on the application if it is already open.

2019-01-1914_00_53-vckykjm.jpg

It simply does a more comfortable displaying of the Auto-Scan.
Codings can be double-clicked in order to open LCode.exe from your VCDS directory in order to compensate your insufficience of your hex-bit-byte calculator brain.

If you have organized your scans in seperat folders per vehicle, the tool will look for adpmaps in the same directory as the Auto-Scan itself.
Then you can open the adpmaps directly:
adpmapzkkdp.jpg

Another Auto-Scan dropped will open another tab. Right-clicking a tab will close it. Right-clicking the last remaining tab will close the application.

What I have installed on my notebook is a context menue entry in order to open Auto-Scans much faster using its context menue in Windows Explorer.
You can enable this by clicking the "Auto-Scan GUI context menue on/off" Button in the first operation mode: (Screenshot from german version)

gui1ciokc-7828777245226066306.jpg

2018-03-0219-28-23-grzdoyx-2278273384512772768.jpg

It will register the current location of CodingCompare.exe so please assure to have it placed to its final destination on your hard drive ;)

Download

Download link of current version 2.2 is at the bottom of this blog article:
https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/had...pare-vergleicht-stg-codierungen-t6126377.html

I hope this will make the life of all coding-maniacs and retrofitters a bit easier...

Let me know your thoughts!

Last edited:

ai_Stephan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Thanks for sharing!

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
this is dope, thank you very much!

Henrick

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Would be really nice if this tool could also load label file descriptions for the compared module.
This would be VERY useful and save a lot of time.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Would be really nice if this tool could also load label file descriptions for the compared module.
This would be VERY useful and save a lot of time.

Almost all label files for newer cars are encrypted (CLB file extension). So it is not possible to use them when you're not connected to that specific car ;)

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Great tool!

Would it be possible to highlight the coding differences e.g. in bold red to save having to read carefully through the whole long coding string?

Reactions: Uwe

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Great tool!

Would it be possible to highlight the coding differences e.g. in bold red to save having to read carefully through the whole long coding string?

You mean in the main window already??

Henrick

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Almost all label files for newer cars are encrypted (CLB file extension). So it is not possible to use them when you're not connected to that specific car ;)

Okay but... If the aimed audience is retrofitters, they usually have their own label files. Maybe it would still be useful to make a possibility to manually load a label file?

Personally I have 240+ .LBL files created/translated by me.

Thanks.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Okay but... If the aimed audience is retrofitters, they usually have their own label files. Maybe it would still be useful to make a possibility to manually load a label file?

Personally I have 240+ .LBL files created/translated by me.

Thanks.

I understand your point.
It is not my intention to re-invent a LCode.exe. Every application should do what it is supposed to do (best). Maybe I'll implement a switch whether to start LCode.exe on doubleclicking a coding string, or the compare Pseudo-LCode window ;)

Back