Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something for everyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Something for everyone...

We are amazed at how often stuff like this is skipped over, and even better, people refusing to do this kind of stuff.

We've also gotten a handful of calls about misfire codes, but engine runs fine... so refuse to check compression only to find out later that in fact the cylinder only had maybe 80PSI (5.5BAR). Bet they wish they found that a lot sooner.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes NZDubNurd, Bruce, DrPeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caller... another shop did some repairs on a VW, and now the HVAC blower doesn't work. Fuse SC40 is good, but never gets power. A few minutes into the wiring diagram... SC40 passes through the J59 (load reduction relay) and then through SB30. Pops hood and checks fuse box.. SB30 is missing. 7 minutes into the call, "I've been working on this for hours."

Replaced missing SB30 fuse, HVAC blower motor powers up.

ST?ID=86837
    Jef

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've blown a fuse just thinking about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Phase 1: Collect Fuses
    Phase 2: ?
    Phase 3: Profit!
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another one... ST?ID=86983

2009 A4, issues with Steering Angle Sensor (G85). The back story, which I found out after the fact, was G85 issue, shop #1 messes with car, then owner of vehicle proceeds to damage parts and shop #2 has vehicle. Shop #2 installed new G85, which is part of the Steering Wheel Electronics (J527). The J527 was dead because prior to shop #2, the customer broke of terminal connector off the J527.

Shop #2 ordered new J527 from dealer. We get it coded and try to do the G85 relearn:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...el_Electronics

Not getting the "OK" message when doing the Basic Settings 001. Go into MVB 033 and do see live data for the G85. So it sounds like it is right where it started when it went to shop #1. Other codes in car? Yes, ABS and CAN Gateway have no communication with G85 codes.

Hmm... hold on for a minute..... I dig into the wiring diagram for the J527, it has two fuses. So check out fuse SD5 ST1..... and missing. Pop in a 5A fuse, ABS and Gateway codes clear out, G85 Basic Settings now "OK", all warning lights off cluster.

So... a $600 part due to a 10 cent fuse. In fairness, things were a bit confusing and Shop #2 was cleaning up a mess they were handed.
    Jef

8. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ST?ID=87448

Brandon calls about a 2017 Jetta (super poverty spec), no brake lights, no turn signals. J519 has fault code:

03433 BTF-EN-1922 Terminal 30 Back-up light/cornering light: open circuit.

All fuses verified good, twice over. Brakes and turn signals are controlled by the J519 and we poked through the wiring diagram, nothing standing out fuse wise so far... I'm starting to think a bad wire/terminal.

So, for giggles, in fuse box C under dash, any empty fuse spots with 2 terminals? Yes, position 46 has two terminal in it. SC46 is for right side door control modules, J387 and J389. Wiring diagram shows SC46 only goes do those door modules, nothing else. Pops in a 30A fuse, brake and turn signals, J519 code clears right out.

Jef

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    So, for giggles, in fuse box C under dash, any empty fuse spots with 2 terminals? Yes, position 46 has two terminal in it. SC46 is for right side door control modules, J387 and J389. Wiring diagram shows SC46 only goes do those door modules, nothing else. Pops in a 30A fuse, brake and turn signals, J519 code clears right out.

Somewhere in Mexico, a fuse gnome is laughing his azz off.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes jyoung8607, PetrolDave, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost forgot to add this one... ST?ID=89139
    2011 Jetta, dead, nothing happens with ignition switch. As I understand it, car was towed to repair shop, who then called in a mobile tech, who then contacted me... if terminal /1 is hotwired, car will then power up from ignition switch. /1 of ignition switch comes from fuse SC22...... and blown. Replaced fuse, car powers up as one would expect to now with ignition turned on.
    Jef

13. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef

In my Golf 7 there is a fuse in box C under dash which is supposed to supply power only to external lights. well, if I take it out the instrument cluster also powers off. that is written nowhere.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

15. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post