Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something for everyone...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    In my Golf 7 there is a fuse in box C under dash which is supposed to supply power only to external lights. well, if I take it out the instrument cluster also powers off. that is written nowhere.
    Its pretty apparent in Elsa - fuse SC17 provides battery voltage to the instrument cluster.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am talking about SC23 or SC31, which should power the two headlights only. I do not remember specifically what happens, but when I pull one of those, either the cluster goes off or the ignition does not turn on anymore.

car user manual, all schematics, Elsa and all the gods say those two fuses are for the headlights only.

needless to say, this has always happened since the car was stock.

I took another look at the WD and those two fuses go straight to BCM for left/right lights supply. it may be the BCM, maybe the internal wiring allows ignition only when those supplies are present.
    Last edited by darkchina811; 07-21-2019 at 06:47 AM.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I see.

Both these are 40A fuses with heavy gauge 4,0mm2 wiring - quite hefty for only running headlights. I'm guessing they are a more general voltage supply for the BCM.

4. Likes Fredrick Awuor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    I'm guessing they are a more general voltage supply for the BCM.
    Yep. There tends to be a left side and right side fuse. If there is a poor mechanical connection at the fuse, you can end up with this:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...nal_30_(Right)
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

6. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    I am talking about SC23 or SC31, which should power the two headlights only. I do not remember specifically what happens, but when I pull one of those, either the cluster goes off or the ignition does not turn on anymore.

car user manual, all schematics, Elsa and all the gods say those two fuses are for the headlights only.

needless to say, this has always happened since the car was stock.

I took another look at the WD and those two fuses go straight to BCM for left/right lights supply. it may be the BCM, maybe the internal wiring allows ignition only when those supplies are present.
    ^^^ From my reading of the WD (which I fully acknowledge could be incorrect) the BCM on the mk7 has 6 x separately fused T30 supply points. SC23 (pin#66A) and SC31 (pin #1C) are indeed for the right and left headlight Leuchte-sets (I believe). SC42 (pin #73A) is used by the BCM for the central locking function which leaves 3 x "general" T30 supplies:SC43 (pin #73C), SC4 (pin #4C) and SC26 (pin #1A).

The BCM also produces (or, rather appears to produce) 4 x T15 supplies which I assume are generated through one, or more of the "general" T30 fuses: pin #13A for the main T15 voltage supply relay (J329), pin#14A for the dash panel wiring harness (T15a) and the two Ignition/Starter switch (-D-) connections on pin #44A and pin #47A (although I'm not sure whether these latter 2 x supplies come from, or to the module @ hex 44)

But if anyone knows how the supply from the "general" T30 pins are distributed - I'm all ears!!!

Don

EDIT: For those that have an interest - here is a picture of the PCB from a BCM for MQB platform vehicle - it's quite a sophisticated control processor!!

Last edited by DV52; 07-29-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

8. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ST?ID=90289

2006 A3, EPC light on.

P2294 008852 VCDS-EN-190211 Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Open Circuit

Replaced both low and high side fuel pressure sensors, pulled HPFP out and visually inspected, but no issues found... replace HPFP.

OK... so check fuse SB6. And fuse is missing. Popped in a 15A fuse, code finally clears out.
    Jef

10. Likes NEtech, PetrolDave, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ST?ID=90809

2006 A3, front and rear wipers not working, front and rear washers dead as well. Seems we get the call after the J527 and J519 have been replaced.

J527, look at MVB data, can see wiper/washer switch conditions happening as per factory design with operated. No issue found.

Are there any fault codes in the J519? Yes, and this is when I'm told the J519 was swapped and find out it hasn't had soft coding done. Good news, an Auto-Scan was performed prior to any parts swapping, so we went to the /scans folder, found the original Auto-Scan, copy/paste the J519 coding. Still no wipers, call ends due to customers at shop.

Following day, now some relays on the J519 have been replaced, no changes. So what codes are in the J519?

Has a couple of open/short to ground codes for "control circuit" of the washer pump and wipers. So fuse SB52 any good?

... and a missing fuse. Popped in a fuse, wipers work like a champ!
    Jef

12. Likes myounus, Uwe, NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post