Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VCDS Mobile on Android - missing labels for measuring blocks

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    cruzbdg I put your HEX-NET on the alpha channel. If you check with VCIConfig, you should see a couple of updates that will bring you up to CB V0.4501
    Please give that a try and then see if it finds more labels in VCDS-Mobile.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I could give reply after some time, beacuse tomorrow I will give a car to workshop, so I will not be able to test on car. Earlier I will check if this CB version is available for me.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should do the updates now even if you don't have the car at the moment, because access to the alpha updates will expire eventually.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Ok, I downloaded updates. Detected FW 0.255 and CB 0.4501

I have some comments to Information displayed in VCDS Interface Config.
    1. Something is wrong with radio buttons on Advanced tab. I have Beta channel selected but NO DOT (empty white circle) is displayed for both radios so I can't see what I have set. I expect black dot (checked) one radio by default or selected by me.
    2. Please take a look at screenshot https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQwV6NX3af8lkCPkg .
      I see some things to correct. First - label above progress bar says "Checking rods…" but progress is full and on the right list panel the latest status is "Update completed successfully". If progress bar is full, then I would expect the same or similar sentence there. Second - what is "Wifi status:0" at the bottom status bar? Maybe the status could be more self-explanatory. Third - right list shows steps but could be more precise. I know that 2 updates were ready to download (CB and FW), but during Update process, looking at right list, I don't know which step is for what kind of update. More details I saw in label above progress bar, but on right list I think it will be better to display for example "Preparing Update - CB" or "Preparing Update - FW", generally "Preparing Update - <whichPart>". 4th - remove the char | from the last line when done. 5th - We have button "Check for Updates" and button "Download Update". In my opinion, it could be "Check for Update" and "Download Update" or "Check for Updates" and "Download Updates".

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't mess with the update channel buttons right now. I've set you to a not publicly accessible alpha channel (public channels are only beta and release). If you change to one of those with the utility it will override my changes and take you off of the alpha channel.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have set some time ago radio button but I don't remember on which value. Yesterday I didn't touch radio buttons and any other configuration so I think I have downloaded your changes.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you look fine.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I've checked. Now labels in advanced measuring values are displayed .

Will this post delivered to official download?

I saw next problem with labels in address [10] when use Adaptation or Coding 07 via cloud functions. On PC Version is OK.
    Last edited by cruzbdg; 02-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.

10. Likes Andy, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will your change added to official release? When can I update interface to get official version of this fix?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, eventually. An even more recent 0.4502 is on the alpha and beta channel now. But I can't give you an exact time frame when it will be on release, it will be when we're satisfied that it is thoroughly tested.

13. Likes Uwe liked this post