Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Mobile on Android - missing labels for measuring blocks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS Mobile on Android - missing labels for measuring blocks

Hi.

I have VCDS mobile for Android from Google Play. Interface is HEX-NET bought from ADAKO Poland. In advanced measuring blocks and in adaptation I don't see any labels. This case is for all modules including engine. When using PC VCDS I see labels. HEX Net has updated firmware and VCDS mobile app says that is up to date.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll probably need to post an auto scan (ideally one from VCDS desktop and one from VCDS-Mobile on the same vehicle) for Ross-Tech to be able to do anything
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here...

3. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would hear it from Ross-tech support. I can send or do auto-scan, but they are developers of this software so how to contact with support?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You post the suggested scans here in the forum. Need help? How to Post an Autoscan

You can also email scans to Support@Ross-Tech.com however we prefer them to be posted to the forum.

Please note, we the developers are active here as this is our forum.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Thank you for response. As I remember I sent autoscan via email or web form, but I will post on forum both scans.

So missing labels in VCDS Mobile Android is the 1 thing.
    Second - I can not find information about for which purpose is a feature "Feature Code Update tab.
    Third - VCDS PC hangs often on Windows 10, when I do 5F (Discover media radio unit) long coding and use soft restart check button.
    4th - I had a problem downloading ASAM update on VCDS Mobile at Androit smartphone. Network connection was 4G.
    5th - VCDS-Mobile Android - advanced measuring blocks (values) - If I select for engine blocks 15.1 .2 .3 .4 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 I empty records when more than 3 measures selected. On VCDS PC I see labels and values from my engine module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzbdg View Post
    Second - I can not find information about for which purpose is a feature "Feature Code Update tab.
    Feature Codes are used to do things like upgrade VIN-limited licenses.
    In addition, you have the capability to switch your interface to the Beta channel for updates in that tab.

Third - VCDS PC hangs often on Windows 10, when I do 5F (Discover media radio unit) long coding and use soft restart check button.
    Interesting. We will try to reproduce that.

4th - I had a problem downloading ASAM update on VCDS Mobile at Androit smartphone. Network connection was 4G.
    Cellular data connections vary. If you have a problem with that, try it on WiFi, or try using VCIConfig to get the data.

5th - VCDS-Mobile Android - advanced measuring blocks (values) - If I select for engine blocks 15.1 .2 .3 .4 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 I empty records when more than 3 measures selected. On VCDS PC I see labels and values from my engine module.
    I don't understand what you're trying to tell us. Maybe you could clarify with some screen-shots?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ad. 1st - I have autoscan but I don't have saved autoscan from VCDS mobile, so I will do it at the same time in my free time, but below is an example of missing labels in VCDS Mobile visible in DTC log from 5F:
    Code:
    002565 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    006720 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    001564 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    000001 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    000003 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    000011 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    001637 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    Ad. 2nd - clear now. Thank you.

Ad. 3rd - When I say "hangs", I mean the app is in not response state for some time. I can say more than 10 or 15 seconds. Windows adds string to window title bar. This situation exists not only when coding [5F] with PC VCDS on my laptop. If needed, I could provide more information about my OS or hardware.

Ad. 4th - I had a situation in VCDS mobile, where I clicked Download update ASAM for some module in my car. The max size of data to download was about 94k. I wasn't able to finish. Update was hanging during downloading data on different has hanged on different strage. I repeated download a few times and cancel update didn't cancel. So I reach a loop: Open controller, auto-download ASAM data has not finished, exit from VCDS mobile, open and login VCDS mobile, open controler, auto-download ASAM. Later I updated HEX-NET config button, update tab (VCDS Config Editor).
    I am a hobbyist without own garage, so this means I need to use tethering and my smartfone to use VCDS wireless. This is a reason why I paid more money for HEX-NET. 4G/LTE had good signal.

Ad. 5th - I am trying to tell you that I am not able to measure missfires on all 4 cylinders in my engine module/controller using VCDS mobile. When I select needed measure group, for example 6 groups (15.1 2 3 4 and 16.1 16.2) I see 3 rows with some data but I don't recognize them and should be more visible data (values available). On PC VCDS I read values in these groups without problem and I have labels. On VCDS mobile I can't read all values and i don't see labels on list with groups.

New Things:
    * I have for 2 weeks in a month a smartphone with Android (not the newest). Daily I use Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows Phone 8.1. When I don't have access to android smartphone, I have to use only PC VCDS, because I don't now how to open a web page VCDS Mobile on Windows Phone. Only in Infrastrucure mode is access to Cloud functions. On your site I saw before purchase an info that VCDS Mobile works also with Windows Phone. I can't download VCDS Mobile from Microsoft Store for WP 8.1.
    Question: How can I use VCDS Mobile on Windows Phone 8.1?

* VCDS Config Editor - When update is finished/installed in Hex-Net, the label above progress bar on 100% shows previous string (unpacking data), not the last (Update completed).
    * Loading data (labels or logs) from Cloud is slow.
    *In VCDS Mobile, when I select select module button, on new page I see async download of buttons/drop down lists. Always on top that page I see red label with string "timeout" or timeout something (I recall memory).

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question: How can I use VCDS Mobile on Windows Phone 8.1?
    You just put the IP address of the interface into any web browser address bar. To find the IP address, you can plug in the usb and check the main page of VCIConfig, or you should also be able to find a list of tethered devices in the settings of your phone.

* VCDS Config Editor - When update is finished/installed in Hex-Net, the label above progress bar on 100% shows previous string (unpacking data), not the last (Update completed).
    Do you have a screen shot? The utility will need to mount the HEX-NET to your computer at this point, you might have to click a prompt in windows asking what you want to do with the drive in order to get it to continue.

000001 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    000003 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    000011 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    001637 - ROD - Unknown faultcode
    This is because it is missing the ASAM data, you will need to get the update above to work to fix this.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    You just put the IP address of the interface into any web browser address bar. To find the IP address, you can plug in the usb and check the main page of VCIConfig, or you should also be able to find a list of tethered devices in the settings of your phone.
    I did this: In home on laptop opened VCIConfig from PC VCDS. Smartphone Nokia Lumia enabled tethering. On wi-fi tab in VCIConfig connected to SSID from my Lumia. On smartphone I see counter for connected devices increased (On WP 8.1 no details of connected devices visible).Interface mode Infrastructure. In advanced window on wi-fi tab I see that Lumia is in profile list. On main screen in VCIConfig I see SSID:<my Lumia SSID>, mode infrastructure, IP adddress and security protocol used.
    I have set in PC VCDS connection via USB. I write about scenario, when I am at home and I would like to open VCDS Mobile without connection to car.

Providing IP into web browser on Windows Phone gives me error.

So maybe I should ask:
    *To see VCDS Mobile login page do I have to connect HEX-Net to car?

Do you have a screen shot? The utility will need to mount the HEX-NET to your computer at this point, you might have to click a prompt in windows asking what you want to do with the drive in order to get it to continue.
    I have connected HEX-NET to PC. Without it I wouldn't be able to update interface/firmware etc.
    It was late night when I was updating interface and I don't have screen. On update tab we have progress bar and on the right is a list which steps are written. One before last step visible on list is unpacking right?

In short - I expect that label above progress bar control on form will contain the same string as is on right control (list with upgrade steps) when update is finished. Progress bar 100% doesn't have label string Update done/completed, finished as is on right list. I have installed the latest official PC VCDS release English language.

This is because it is missing the ASAM data, you will need to get the update above to work to fix this.
    I have updated interface, so I need to check now VCD Mobile again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So maybe I should ask:
    *To see VCDS Mobile login page do I have to connect HEX-Net to car?
    No. The HEX-NET just has to be powered up (USB power is fine), and the phone and the HEX-NET must be on the same network.

Try connecting your computer to your phone's hotspot as well, then open a browser on your computer and put the HEX-NET's IP into the browser on your computer as a test.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.