Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1999 Golf TDI 1.9L

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great and all, and I appreciate your up beat positive attitude towards someone that has none of the credentials that you have aquired throughout your life. Again I just bought the car. It didn't come with a long list of everything that's ever been performed on the vehicle, or hand written love notes from some vw mechanic about the way they changed out an ECU or cleaned the vnt turbo vanes. The car had a couple DTC's which I cleared out trying to get an accurate reading from the ECU on the check engine light, and yes I saved them I'll post them at the end of the post. I cleared everything because I had to change the alternator, fill up the coolant because the coolant light came on, filled up the power steering fluid because that just started to whine. As of this very moment the only light I have on in the cluster is the airbag light. I'm pretty sure it's throwing the glowplug code because there are only 3 glowplugs in the car not 4 someone put a bolt into the 4th hole to close it off so I'm sure that's reading a malfunction from that. I haven't investigated into that problem yet, as I'm still trying to get the headlight wiring figured out and the wipers not working. They move like a 1/2 inch then stop and won't move any more.

Ok here's the DTC's that were stored and I cleared them. This is the first reading I took from the car with VCDS before clearing them.

3 faults found
    16764 - glow plugs/ heater Q6 circuit
    P0380 - 35-10 malfunction - intermittent
    16885 - vehicle speed sensor
    P0501 - 35-00 - implausable signal
    17958 - charge pressure
    P1550 - 35-00 control deviation
    Readiness 1 1 0 0 0

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great and all, and I appreciate your up beat positive attitude towards someone that has none of the credentials that you have aquired throughout your life. Again I just bought the car. It didn't come with a long list of everything that's ever been performed on the vehicle, or hand written love notes from some vw mechanic about the way they changed out an ECU or cleaned the vnt turbo vanes. The car had a couple DTC's which I cleared out trying to get an accurate reading from the ECU on the check engine light, and yes I saved them I'll post them at the end of the post. I cleared everything because I had to change the alternator, fill up the coolant because the coolant light came on, filled up the power steering fluid because that just started to whine. As of this very moment the only light I have on in the cluster is the airbag light. I'm pretty sure it's throwing the glowplug code because there are only 3 glowplugs in the car not 4 someone put a bolt into the 4th hole to close it off so I'm sure that's reading a malfunction from that. I haven't investigated into that problem yet, as I'm still trying to get the headlight wiring figured out and the wipers not working. They move like a 1/2 inch then stop and won't move any more.

Ok here's the DTC's that were stored and I cleared them. This is the first reading I took from the car with VCDS before clearing them.

3 faults found
    16764 - glow plugs/ heater Q6 circuit
    P0380 - 35-10 malfunction - intermittent
    16885 - vehicle speed sensor
    P0501 - 35-00 - implausable signal
    17958 - charge pressure
    P1550 - 35-00 control deviation
    Readiness 1 1 0 0 0
    So you have FOD mechanical's and electric? ..........

Again you could un-modify the car and use a consistent diagnostic stack or perform mechanical tests repairs ( replace missing glows ) and perform electrical with a DVOM and load light to determine the functionality of components & in conjunction with VCDS blocks and RTFB and WD?

So how is it you had no readiness before & displayed but now you do or did here?

Are you lying to the forum and withholding information?

It seems you need a touch of love and consideration?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    They move like a 1/2 inch then stop and won't move any more.
    Sounds like the wiper trans could be out of time and or binding.

Unplug the motor from the trans and check for trans operation and set as per the RTFB at 9 o'clock position to time it.

Also verify the contact points in motor are not dirty or that the worm gear isn't broken if aforementioned is not the case.

Check the ground point for headlight harness under battery location and fuses for head lights.

This ground point can also affect the wiper operation!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    So you have FOD mechanical's and electric? ..........

Again you could un-modify the car and use a consistent diagnostic stack or perform mechanical tests repairs ( replace missing glows ) and perform electrical with a DVOM and load light to determine the functionality of components & in conjunction with VCDS blocks and RTFB and WD?

So how is it you had no readiness before & displayed but now you do or did here?

Are you lying to the forum and withholding information?

It seems you need a touch of love and consideration?

Only thing he is going to get here is TOUGH LOVE, JACK STYLE, but in the end could work for him, just how it is.

But do get it, you buy a rig and you personally have not messed with it so feel offended when FOD is called, but the scanner does not lie.

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    "Tough love"
    I know that phrase real well!
    Those were the exact words my Mom used Larrymore & when I asked my mom 40 years later, why she left me on the side of a highway while l was a young boy and then got into a truck hitch hiking to turn a trick. Never came back either!

So yeah NostraJackASS indeed knows real tough love this guy is just self inflicting his own pain in denial.