Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency brake flashing via turn signals

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The user manual contain that the brake light must flashing in emergency situation but I tried it in icy road to accelerate to 70km/h and after I pressed full the brake pedal. There is no brake light flashing and there is no hazard warning blink after stop.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I checked the gateway installation list and BB, BC are unticked by factory. I think this is a VCDS bug for new cars.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarton View Post
    The user manual contain that the brake light must flashing in emergency situation but I tried it in icy road to accelerate to 70km/h and after I pressed full the brake pedal. There is no brake light flashing and there is no hazard warning blink after stop.
    if the car manual says so, go to the dealer and ask him to make it work. aren't you still under warranty?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it under warranty. But I have to set everything back to default. It will be a lot work, because the all car tweaked heavily

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please try the 0-70-0 procedure again? I found the BCM to be very picky when trying to purposely put it in that emergency mode.

Please don‘t let the car roll without a pedal depressed before jumping the brakes. This could prevent the function from working.

6. Likes darkchina811, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems whether the emergency brake flashing is enabled on the Octavia III is hit-and-miss. On briskoda.net when this is discussed some owners find it has been enabled at the factory, but some have to enable it using a diagnostic tool.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Seems whether the emergency brake flashing is enabled on the Octavia III is hit-and-miss. On briskoda.net when this is discussed some owners find it has been enabled at the factory, but some have to enable it using a diagnostic tool.
    and were you guys able to determine the setting that has to be changed? it probably works on the whole MQB platform.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAx View Post
    Can you please try the 0-70-0 procedure again? I found the BCM to be very picky when trying to purposely put it in that emergency mode.

Please don‘t let the car roll without a pedal depressed before jumping the brakes. This could prevent the function from working.
    Maybe the icy road is not good for this test. The deceleration is not enough. I will try it on dry surface but it takes time

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    NBA is a key I think.
    NBA (NotBremse Anzeige ) means emergency brake indicator. We have to know which adaptations are correct or other ECU affected. For example I don't know the Airbag ECU measure the deceleration or ABS send message to BCM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarton View Post
    NBA is a key I think.
    NBA (NotBremse Anzeige ) means emergency brake indicator. We have to know which adaptations are correct or other ECU affected. For example I don't know the Airbag ECU measure the deceleration or ABS send message to BCM.
    I collect some interesting information about this system.
    Precondition: speed: 50km/h or above.
    Function active if deceleration more than 7 m/s2 or high hydraulic pressure arrives from brake pedal.
    Only ESP system send CAN message where the BCM have to activate the system.

So next try in dry conditions for higher deceleration.

12. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post