Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Meta: Changing this Forums Name?

  1. #1
    VCDS Distributor ai_Stephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lightbulb Meta: Changing this Forums Name?

    Hi All, especially Uwe.

    I really like the idea of having a section for hadez16s tool. Anyways, there are a few more tools hadez built over the last 2 years. Maybe we could considering making this sub-forum a "3rd party additional tools for VCDS subforum"?

    Cheers
    Stephan

  2. Likes hadez16, Boki Ar, jyoung8607 liked this post
  3. #2
    Verified VCDS User hadez16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stephan,

    on the one side I really like the idea so anyone can contribute his stuff (if exist) or just ideas. On the other side it puts kind of a pressure on me as my other tools do only work with the german Version of VCDS respectively with german Auto-Scans
    Maybe I can enhance my stuff also to the english version, on a rainy/snowy sunday.....I wish the day had 48 hours

  4. Likes PetrolDave, Boki Ar, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
  5. #3
    Verified VCDS User PetrolDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Molton, UK
    Posts
    1,813
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a sub-forum for the "tools that currently only work with the German version of VCDS"?

  6. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
  7. #4
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    How about a sub-forum for the "tools that currently only work with the German version of VCDS"?
    Since this is strictly an English-language forum, I'm not terribly keen on that idea.

    Anway, if/when the time comes that we have other tools that support English, we should be able to move this section down a level. For now, it gets the most exposure possible right where it is.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  8. Likes ai_Stephan, PetrolDave liked this post
  9. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Hi Stephan,

    on the one side I really like the idea so anyone can contribute his stuff (if exist) or just ideas. On the other side it puts kind of a pressure on me as my other tools do only work with the german Version of VCDS respectively with german Auto-Scans
    Maybe I can enhance my stuff also to the english version, on a rainy/snowy sunday.....I wish the day had 48 hours
    I was about to offer my help to translate stuff, then I remembered I should know german. go figure.

  10. #6
    Verified VCDS User hadez16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    I was about to offer my help to translate stuff, then I remembered I should know german. go figure.
    We all screwed it up with the Tower of Babel. Now we're in a fine mess.

  11. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •