Thread: Meta: Changing this Forums Name?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Meta: Changing this Forums Name?

Hi All, especially Uwe.

I really like the idea of having a section for hadez16s tool. Anyways, there are a few more tools hadez built over the last 2 years. Maybe we could considering making this sub-forum a "3rd party additional tools for VCDS subforum"?

Cheers
    Stephan

2. Likes hadez16, Boki Ar, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stephan,

on the one side I really like the idea so anyone can contribute his stuff (if exist) or just ideas. On the other side it puts kind of a pressure on me as my other tools do only work with the german Version of VCDS respectively with german Auto-Scans
    Maybe I can enhance my stuff also to the english version, on a rainy/snowy sunday.....I wish the day had 48 hours

4. Likes PetrolDave, Boki Ar, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a sub-forum for the "tools that currently only work with the German version of VCDS"?

6. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    How about a sub-forum for the "tools that currently only work with the German version of VCDS"?
    Since this is strictly an English-language forum, I'm not terribly keen on that idea.

Anway, if/when the time comes that we have other tools that support English, we should be able to move this section down a level. For now, it gets the most exposure possible right where it is.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes ai_Stephan, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Hi Stephan,

on the one side I really like the idea so anyone can contribute his stuff (if exist) or just ideas. On the other side it puts kind of a pressure on me as my other tools do only work with the german Version of VCDS respectively with german Auto-Scans
    Maybe I can enhance my stuff also to the english version, on a rainy/snowy sunday.....I wish the day had 48 hours
    I was about to offer my help to translate stuff, then I remembered I should know german. go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    I was about to offer my help to translate stuff, then I remembered I should know german. go figure.
    We all screwed it up with the Tower of Babel. Now we're in a fine mess.

11. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post