Thread: "Loc" titles in adv measuring

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

"Loc" titles in adv measuring

I am trying to log with a uds system and use the advanced measuring as the reg measuring blocks aren't available. The problem I'm having is that the "loc" titles are listed as "eng" and "ide" followed by numbers that do not correspond with the required files that most tuners are requesting that are listed as blocks like "003" "115" "031-1" etc. the search bar helps but most descriptions do not match tuners requests. Is there a way to view as the standard blocks numbers? Is there an accurate ledger that relates them to the correct blocks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFAB View Post
    Is there a way to view as the standard blocks numbers? Is there an accurate ledger that relates them to the correct blocks?
    No, because they simply don't exist in an ECU that uses UDS.

If a tuner is requesting old-school block numbers from a car with a UDS ECU, I would suggest that he's incompetent. I mean it's been more than 10 years now since the first UDS ECUs arrived on the scene.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Eric, PetrolDave liked this post