Thread: Creating admaps, but without blockmap

Post Thanks / Like

Creating admaps, but without blockmap

Greetings

Is there any way currently to create only admaps of all modules in car without blockmap, of which I'm not aware.

Reason behind here is purely time. I would like to create many more admaps of cars that I scan, but sometimes the blockmaps are roughly half of scanning time. On cars where this takes 30 minutes a 15 minute faster scan is pretty good win.

I really benefit more from admaps, then I do from fully functioning car blockmaps.

If currently there isn't possibility for it, I kindly ask it to be implemented.

Thanks!!!
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

2. Likes darkchina811 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    At present, I don't think there's a way to do that.

We'll have to see what Eric thinks of your request because he'd be the one who'd implement it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes golfi_vend, darkchina811 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its a good idea. There is a lot of time waiting for empty/unused blocks to get captured in a controller map scan.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I do not get the main question.
    When you create an adpmap, you do not have to create a blockmap with it, do you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect it's about the debug level 2, which creates those while an Auto-Scan is performed.

If not: Please add this feature; it's definitely need to create a full scan of a car in the current platforms (MQB, MLBevo). Just a checkbox in the Auto-Scan dialog would be enough.

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's already in source (from the maps dialog), but there's other features tied to it which may not be in a finalized state at this point (save raw ADP and especially restore from it). I may have to disable those for the time being, so we can publish something outside of internal alphas.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

10. Likes TBAx, Uwe, hadez16, icardiag liked this post