Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface not recognized

tecnic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148563
Hi Everyone.

I have owned my VCDS HEX-USB+CAN for several years now and run it with my previous Windows 7 OS with no issues at all. Since I have had Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade, I am unable to use it at all. I do get the light come on when I connect the VCDS HEX CAN cable to the car, so I assume that is ok. I have installed VCDS 18.9.0, but the USB drivers are not recognized. When I then open the program and select Test, I get the message Ross-Tech USB interface not found. USB library version 03.02.07 Interface NOT Found!
I went into Device Manager and I see Ross-Tech Direct USB interface showing under Universal Serial Bus Controller. If I select properties, it says 'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'.
I have tried selecting Update and pointing to C:\ROSSTECH/VCDS for driver update, but it says the driver is up to date. I then tried running the DPInst, but made no difference. My i7 laptop has never had a problem in the past, so assume it is more related to the OS and the VCDS USB drivers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times now, but to no avail!

I did notice one thing that was different. If I completely uninstall all drivers and software, then connect the VCDS USB cable to the laptop only, Windows recognizes it and installs a driver, then states 'Setting up a device ROSS-TECH USB' followed by ready to use. However, In Device Manager the driver is now found under 'Other Devices', although within the properties it says 'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)'

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get around this issue please, as I am out of ideas and have no other PC's I can use?

Many thanks in advance:banghead:

tecnic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148563
Wow thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated. I looked on the PC and Windows Defender is not activated. Instead, I have McAfee Virus scan Enterprise + Antispyware. I wonder then if this may be preventing the connection to the USB driver - rather than the OS itself?
Many Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have McAfee Virus scan Enterprise + Antispyware. I wonder then if this may be preventing the connection to the USB driver - rather than the OS itself?
There's only one way to find out: Uninstall that crap. :D

-Uwe-

Back