2002 VW CABRIO 01M ATF FLUID LEVEL

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Hopefully I'm in the right section . If I'm not please let me know where the right place is.
2002 vw cabrio 01M transmission.
When checking the level of the automatic transmission fluid , having reached the 95-135 degree spec level, is the engine to be running or not running when opening the drain plug ? I tried asking this at another tab but seemingly it was the wrong location to ask the question.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?16884-01M-ATF-FLUID-LEVEL

Your answer sir.................Happy New Year!

NO READ

Fluid levels are checked with engine running and in PARK after selecting all gears to manually cold and fill VB.

Reading section 0-35 of RTFB will indeed show you.

01M ATF FLUID LEVEL

Greetings.
I'm checking my at level and the book says temp must INITIALLY be below 86 degrees F
and the level checking specification temp is between 95f and 135f.
So 2 questions. Does the level of fluid in the transmission stay the same regardless of whether the temp is 95 or anywhere between 95 and 135.
Second question . Does the motor have to be still RUNNING when I'm checking to see if the atf is at the correct level or is the motor turned off.?

ATF level is checked via expansion and by temp for fluid balance factor!

RTFB.............and JPPSG with an auto-scan....... OP

Measurements are done in C in the RTFB and VCDS, please post an auto-scan!

0x02-08-005.1

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ut-0x01-08-000

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

I'm sorry but was that a reply to my question or to some other persons question. If it was an answer to my question , I have absolutely no idea what that response meant.

If you read the links you would......

never mind I just deciphered your response. So can anyone give me a reply that I can understand. Contrary to the response from Jack. I have read and nowhere in the bentley book ( wbtw I was quoting from imop ) does it mention having the engine running or not running at the moment when I am to open the drain/level plug. Thus my daring to come here to ask a simple question at the risk of getting snarky response. If no one has the answer I would appreciate that they don't bother themselves with an answer like the previous non answer response. Not everyone is as dumb as some her seem to think.

Oh good some progress .........

Maybe if someone could point me to the appropriate tab or whatever you want to call it , where I can ask my question I would appreciate that . And maybe also point me to the "dictionary " of obscure words and terms used her eg STICKY. Why would anyone think that anyone would understand such words or terms if they had not been explained. Every time there's some snarky issue on this site. I paid good money for my device with the thought?expectation that I could ask a civil question and get a civil answer in response. So Jack don't ever respond to my questions again , this is not the first time with you , it's every time.

Wow no good deed goes unpunished............
I'm sorry was i supposed to know what car your 01M was in to point out?

01M 96-99 GJP ISBN 0-8376-0364-1 vw part number LPV-800-114 repair group section 3 or 37-1 37-4>5 show in RB mechanical's and values.
01M 96-2003 Cabrio ISBN 0-8376-0364-1 vw part number LPV-800-114 repair group section 3 or 37-1 37-4>5 show in RB mechanical's and values.
01M 2000-2005 ISBN 0-8376-0376-5 vw part number LPV-800-402 repair group section 3 or 37-1 refers you to section 0 maintenance on first page if you actually took time to read it ref to 0-35

Must be a shitty Beetle or Cabrio huh?
Actually my response was very accurate but for the blind and hand holding needed.

th

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
John FYI: I ALLEGEDLY spoke with your brother Jack and explained the procedure in detail.

Your favorite asshole

Screen_Shot_2017-09-17_at_10.12.35_AM.png

Back