Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G450 (076-906-051-A) output signal...0,5 Volt or 1 volts ??

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larry Manton

Thanks for your reply.

I back probe the sensors output signal back to the ECU
    I don't know why but I can't post attachments. So I hope you can access this link where I shows where to I measured the signal:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rz...FF0oXrW_auO-l5

Here is a log from a trip where it can be seen that the sensor is alive:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NW...9mHBmmcwugkYBT

No, I also do not want to start changing components until the error is corrected. But troubleshooting is difficult when I don't have at known-good.
    But I might have to try a new sensor in this case.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_Jonas_Taastrup View Post
    Hi Larry Manton

Thanks for your reply.

I back probe the sensors output signal back to the ECU
    I don't know why but I can't post attachments. So I hope you can access this link where I shows where to I measured the signal:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rz...FF0oXrW_auO-l5

Here is a log from a trip where it can be seen that the sensor is alive:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NW...9mHBmmcwugkYBT

No, I also do not want to start changing components until the error is corrected. But troubleshooting is difficult when I don't have at known-good.
    But I might have to try a new sensor in this case.
    Dk, yes was able to open and noted graph, but don't have enough history with DPF as I own a 2015 with, but have not tracked it.

Note pressure does move up and down with RPM, but as stated, what does a good one look like. In your case would have been nice to see the same data before DPF, but water under the bridge, but sensors is recording pressure changes, so not broken, but how accurate?

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    You have difference pressure negative 140 and offset negative 50.

How's that a correct reading?
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Manton View Post
    Dk, yes was able to open and noted graph, but don't have enough history with DPF as I own a 2015 with, but have not tracked it.

Note pressure does move up and down with RPM, but as stated, what does a good one look like. In your case would have been nice to see the same data before DPF, but water under the bridge, but sensors is recording pressure changes, so not broken, but how accurate?

LARIMORE
    Hi Larry Manton

There is a good question . But as long as it is not in 0 with the engine off, I do not take the measurement for good.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    You have difference pressure negative 140 and offset negative 50.

How's that a correct reading?
    Hi golfi_vend

I think you've seen my problem

The question is whether it can be true that there should be 1 volt on pin 3 on the G450.
    I can only offset difference pressure (067-3) to 0 when I have 1 volt but my sensor today only provides 0.5 volts. (engine off)
    wrong sensor?
    faulty sensor?
    faulty ECU?
    Something else faulty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_Jonas_Taastrup View Post
    Hi golfi_vend

I think you've seen my problem

The question is whether it can be true that there should be 1 volt on pin 3 on the G450.
    I can only offset difference pressure (067-3) to 0 when I have 1 volt but my sensor today only provides 0.5 volts. (engine off)
    wrong sensor?
    faulty sensor?
    faulty ECU?
    Something else faulty?
    You must realise that usually manufacturers don't give such info out. I guess for troubleshoot ODIS GFF has some sort of data input after voltage measurement, but that data can be only seen when following testplan of a car.

You said that You've checked wires. - How? Are they able to carry current, not just making a resistance test?

If You want my advice, then just replace the sensor. Yes they are failure, yes you can use oscilloscope to take measures, but in more real life they just fail. And on another note. I know T5 with Bi-Turbo, when we replace engine block because of failure, we also need to replace everything: Lambda Sensor, DPF, temp sensors and diff sensor.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    You must realise that usually manufacturers don't give such info out. I guess for troubleshoot ODIS GFF has some sort of data input after voltage measurement, but that data can be only seen when following testplan of a car.

You said that You've checked wires. - How? Are they able to carry current, not just making a resistance test?

If You want my advice, then just replace the sensor. Yes they are failure, yes you can use oscilloscope to take measures, but in more real life they just fail. And on another note. I know T5 with Bi-Turbo, when we replace engine block because of failure, we also need to replace everything: Lambda Sensor, DPF, temp sensors and diff sensor.
    Hi golfi_vend

I back probe the sensors output signal back to the ECU where I have measured 0,5 volt (also resistance test)

Yes I think I have to follow your advice and buy a new G450 (076-906-051-A)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should verify the wiring is correct too and is very easy with load light with isolated end to end of tracks.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    You should verify the wiring is correct too and is very easy with load light with isolated end to end of tracks.
    Hi Jack@European_Parts

I will double check wiring with load. (It will not be this year anyway I get that sensor)
    If it is a wiring fault the only explanation I can find is that it is a current measurement and half of the current runs another way.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I just discovered that our Skoda Octavia 1.6 from 2011 has almost the same G450.
    Skoda Octivia = G450 (076-906-051-B)
    Skoda Fabia = G450 (076-906-051-A)

And when I back probe the Octivia sensors between Pin 1 and Pin 3 there was 1 Volt
    So unless the difference between A and B is 1 volt vs. 0.5 volts, I'm convinced it's my G450 which is defective.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post