2. Security Access (16) – 20113
    3. Adaption 10
    4. Channel 34
    Values:
    4: Standard, Default ON, light when off
    -4 Default OFF, light when off
    +32 Default LAST USED SETTING, light when off
    +64 Reverses warning indicator, light when on
    I've tried something like that Audi process (I believe that my engine was used in Audis) although I didn't go through Security Access / 20113. Does this mean that my way would never have worked?

What I did was go straight from 09-Cent. Elect. to Adaptation 10 and then select Channel 34. I took the following screenshot:

My value in Channel 34 is currently stored as 30, so I increased it to 94 and then clicked "Test". I hoped that at this point the yellow light on the Stop/start switch would come on to indicate that its operation has been reversed but nothing happened, so I exited out without Saving in case I was going to mess something up.

I might have got that wrong and perhaps that's not how the "Test" function would operate in this circumstance?

Also, I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to add 64 or change the value to 64, so I "Tested" both but neither did anything.

Any advice you could give me would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Richard

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to login

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianCare View Post
    You need to login
    I see. I'm learning all the time. I'll try again tomorrow and report back.

Thanks again.

Richard

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianCare View Post
    You need to login
    I finally had time today to try and login to 09-Central Electrics / 16-Security Access using 20113 but this is all that happens:

I don't seem to get locked out or anything bad .... just the error message and then I back out to the start.

This is the full list of documented adaptations in Cent Electrics. There's nothing about Start/Stop in there so presumably Channel 34, if it has anything to do with Stop/Start, is undocumented. There is a value of 30 in Channel 34 so presumably it does something but we just don't know what?

I'd be happy to try any further ideas.

Richard

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I finally had time today to try and login to 09-Central Electrics / 16-Security Access using 20113 but this is all that happens:
    The procedure from BavarianCare, is not for your controller!
    So that login is not used here.

Channel 34 in your 09-Central Electrics, is some turning light angle.

6. Likes BavarianCare liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    The procedure from BavarianCare, is not for your controller!
    So that login is not used here.

Channel 34 in your 09-Central Electrics, is some turning light angle.
    I see. Thank you. Maybe it's the "Cornering Fog Lights" which come on when the steering wheel is turned more than a certain angle.

I wonder why that option does not appear in the drop-down list with the other documented adaptations? Having said that, I don't really understand what most of this VCDS stuff means anyway.

Do you know if there is a channel which relates to Start/Stop?

Richard

PS I think my Amarok is actually a 2019 model year if that makes any difference.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been trying to explore VCDS and my Amarok 2H and gain more understanding of these coding bytes and bits and, with the help of a binary - hex calculator, it's beginning to make more sense.

This is where I think I have got to now but I'd be grateful if someone could advise me whether I've grasped the basics.

Firstly, my 2H truck scan includes the following:

09 Cent Elect (J519)
    Component: BCM PQ25 MMI4 H82 0762
    Coding: 240002380C63140093380F316CCB96D4B280654F60CE716031 0000030803 (30 bytes)

I think I am right in saying that the Amarok is therefore built on the PQ25 platform and will be similar, in terms of VCDS tweaks, to other PQ25 vehicles.

The second controller which seems to be often mentioned in the context of start-stop is the CAN Gateway. My scan shows:

19: CAN Gateway (J533)
    Component: GW-K-CAN TP20 H82 0762
    Coding: 742303 (3 bytes)

I have looked at other scans on this forum which include 09 Cent Elect (J519) Component: BCM PQ25 and they all seem to have 30 bytes in this module although with different bits, of course. These scans also seem to show 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Component: GW-K-CAN TP20 and they also seem to have only 3 bytes in use.

Am I therefore correct that if I could find an example of a car which has a Cent Elect (J519) BCM PQ25 and a CAN Gateway (J533) GW-K-CAN TP20 where start-stop has been modified by changing bits in Cent Elec or CAN Gateway, then I would be able to do the same .... or is it even more complicated than that?

From my searches so far, it does appear, as mentioned above, that there is no known way to modify start-stop with these two particular controllers but, if my logic above is correct, at least I know what I'm looking for.

Many thanks for any help.

Richard