Rodents: They don't just chew wires anymore

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So Mike's 2006 A3 (my former fun car) has had a fuel stink about it for quite some time. It started when he spilled some fuel from a gas can (intended for the lawn & garden equipment) in the car at one point, but it never went away. Recently Eric noticed a damp spot under the car that also smelled like gasoline, and some investigation revealed:

cOz6AGG.jpg

That's the inlet side of the fuel filter. I'm not sure which line is the supply and which is the return to the tank, but you can see some critter had ganwed a small hole into the one elbow...

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Blue is return and black is feed typically...............& yes seen that FOD before!

Additionally I have the crimp ins for quick connectors so you dont have to break your balls with that!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's already done. New lines and new filter. George disconnected the old lines from the top of the tank via the access plate beneath rear seat. Pulled them out from below, using them to pull some wires in their place, then used the wires to pull new lines back up. This scheme avoids having to drop the tank.

The pic in post #1 was the parts that were replaced, sitting on my desk. :)

-Uwe-

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
They must be going for the fuel (oil) :)

Back