Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to dwell over or DUAL on x2 N80 function & helpful mods/SMOG reduced?

Post Thanks / Like
    Plz connect terminal 50 to terminal 30 and record results to YouTube ASAP
    Silence gives consent.

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, Da Tow'd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would better to connect "A" first, otherwise I might have an issue.
    Probably Fuel lines soon to be purged and flushed before installing injectors.

Only reason cranked so far was for compression check and spark plus hook up VCDS for DTC's and Outputs + adaption of TV.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today's charge pipe & radiator hose routing + anti chafe & vibration removal progress ..........

Bracket in strut tower ........Ultimate scavenging commences with old ECU security brackets!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-22-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, jyoung8607, PetrolDave, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we really need to do this Jack I'm asked?
    My answer is yeah! Watch!

Now ........Not a boost leak until 150 PSI at diverter spring override.........& pulls a stable vacuum at 15 minutes that sucks the boots down!

Spray cans make great boost test plugs!

It would seem Hylomar Medium Aero grade works well for a charge boot & non drying sealing aid!
    That's the blue stuff I have to go clean off the pipe by drivers headlight & is not RTV!

Indeed there was a leak...... not anymore!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-13-2019 at 02:00 PM.

8. Likes NZDubNurd, Uwe, _Val, jyoung8607, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Now ........Not a boost leak until 150 PSI at diverter spring override.........& pulls a stable vacuum at 15 minutes that sucks the boots down!
    Are the 2 t-bolt clamps on the elbow hose to keep it from sucking all the way down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, because I didn't make pipes and have permitted someone to play, but they still have to not leak! + it's a load vibration break to permit a holder support and to not transmit further resonance.
    If I shake the engine I now get no vibration, same is done on intake side.
    If it was my way there would be a freon coil and no intercooler plus actual AC for cabin & power steering.

I'm a big guy so these things matter to me, as I age Lincoln town cars & A or S8 attract my attention, not a skateboard Scirocco like in my youth.

11. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Jason..........

13. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, NZDubNurd, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    For Jason..........
    She's beautiful!
    Silence gives consent.

15. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a secure of starter connection and engine mounts at dog bone + a quick compression test was done with spark plugs tested and than the start up test you saw in video, built a triangulation bracket for the pro-vent back to intake base too after this, to finish Sat.

This weekend coming up, integration of LDP function pump location determination and booster circuit for vacuum + check valves, a flush of fuel tank again before injectors landed, than onto cooling system and the top fan shroud + a rework of rad fan switch I want done.

This thing is going to be sick!

17. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite part of the video is my dog Sonny is like "yeah whatever, another engine?, you disturbed my slumber in my Recaro for this" he isn't even phased with a brief radar ear scan!

What a great shop puppy!

19. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post