F5 Audi A5 Park Assist Retrofit

kdagher

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394978
out of curiosity, which brackets did Kufatec ship ? was it 18mm ?

i am trying different brackets to achieve the most precise angle as factory in order to enable the 360 OPS without the ghosts detection.

vinny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
out of curiosity, which brackets did Kufatec ship ? was it 18mm ?

i am trying different brackets to achieve the most precise angle as factory in order to enable the 360 OPS without the ghosts detection.

eIZzUS0.jpg
[/IMG]
lpqF6Ol.jpg
[/IMG]

The rear Kufatec supplied bracket is similar to the standard 18 mm bracket used by the factory in the rear bumper. The rear I drilled exactly in the "+" marked location indicated on the inside of the rear bumper.

The front required a 34 mm drill bit. Inexplicably, the front Kufatec supplied sensor came super glued into the bracket. :confused: As you can see from the photo, it angles the sensor toward the back, so it is more "parallel" with the vehicle. If you just use a standard bracket, I would assume the sensor points more forward than it should?

In the US, we have side marker reflectors, which did not allow me to drill into the front bumper exactly in the indicated "+" location in the inside of the front bumper. So I improvised and mounted it higher, (as to not interfere with the side reflector bracket) by about 20 mm. But it does not seem the adjusted mounting location causes any issues. I've only had my system working for about a day, and have only tested it about six times, in four parking lots, but each time, the vehicle parked properly; nose in, back in and parallel park. No ghost images.

I did notice there are adaptation values in module 09 for vehicle width, length and distance to curb (IDE02329-Allowance for vehicle fittings (width), IDE02333-Allowance for vehicle fittings (length), IDE02328-Distance to curb) I don't know if adjusting these values will help with your ghost images?

kdagher

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394978
thank you very much for the pictures, i have the Audi A5 which has different brackets than the A4, all suppliers don't have the original size brackets for the A5. Some suppliers will include 18mm brackets and others will include from the Touareg.

I have tried the 18mm (previous posts) and ghosts are being detected, i have tried as well the touareg's sold by carsystems and it didnt work as well.

I just finished installing now the brackets of the rear Passat B8 on my A5, and i can confirm that the rear sensors are working 100% after some adjustments. Passat B8 rear brackets adjusts the sensors by 4 degrees positive like factory A5 park assist.

Tomorrow, i will be doing the front sensors, because the angle is about 2 degrees negative off.
thank you for the tip on the adaptation, i will try to play with it.

Last edited:

kdagher

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394978
An update:

Just finished installing the front PLA brackets of the PASSAT B8 in the Audi A5, and i can confirm so far no more Ghosts detection. The system is working perfectly. fingers crossed.

Here are the part numbers:

Step drill size: 27mm, bracket hole size is :26.3mm

3G0919400: Front Right
3G0919399: Front Left
3G0919398: Right Rear
3G0919397: Left Rear

You will have to trim/cut plastic around the 4 brackets, to position them make sure that the sensor's connector is horizontal/parallel to the ground (inwards of the bumper).

You can buy these brackets a set of 4 for 19$ on AliExpress.

This solution is for the Audi A5 since no supplier has the correct brackets hence most of them will recommend to switch of 360 OPS.

Back