2011 VW Eos CECM country code setting?

BadViking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330893
Hello, I tried searching the site but "Eos" is too short to search for. Anywho…. I'm wondering what the country-settings in the CECM do? It's byte 18 bit 0-7. There are 3 options: 54 is Eos <11/2010 RoW. 55 is Eos <11/2010 NAR. 5F is Eos 11/2010> RoW Xenon with Rear fog.

There are many others also for different VAG cars for different regions and China. I've got ECE tail lights and didn't have to change anything to make them work properly. Is there any benefit to changing which car or which region the car thinks it is or is in? I don't have a rear fog.

Maybe related: my foglights won't illuminate with the turn signals when I activate them as cornering lights. They do activate when I turn the wheel but that is too late to illuminate the road. What's the issue here?? Thanks in advance Uwe! mfg Lars

BadViking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330893
I'm wondering why I posted this in the hall of shame.. lol.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm wondering why I posted this in the hall of shame.. lol.
Hah! And I'm wondering why I didn't notice that you did this.

Since the question involved a tail light retrofit, I've moved this to the Retrofits section.

-Uwe-

BadViking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330893
Surprisingly I didn't need to recode after installing the ECE tail lights. I tried changing the country code to RoW and the MFA told me my rear fog light wasn't working... so I set it back to NAR. This also de-energises the centre tail light section so I've got rear rings which looks cool.

Reactions: Uwe
Back