Hex Net interface not found and loosing connection

Smittylube

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=52835
HN1-001049 set up and functioning here at my shop.

After originally setting it up I was amazed at what seemed to be faster speed than may cable I had been using for years.
The last few times I've tried to use it has been not connecting or disconnecting in a session.

I get the error to test and save and this can work temporarily at times. I've had a restart help one time.
I'm getting a bit worried about resetting service and having it fail in the middle.

I am version 1802.0 and am updating now to 1809.0

Any suggestions on where to look for the problem is much appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Let's start with some basic info. Are you using it over USB or Wifi? If Wifi, what kind of router do you have and how far is it from where you are working? What type of PC are you using, specs? What type of car is this, do you have an autoscan?

Reactions: Uwe

Smittylube

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=52835
Update.
Updated to 18.9 release. windows laptop Lenovo, wifi.
Brought wifi router from home Airport extreme, set up router with same wifi name and password, disable DSL routers wifi.
Seems to work well now (again). Computer in office car in the shop/ stall. Adapted individual items in 17 Instruments. Full quick scan success as well.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Update.
Updated to 18.9 release. windows laptop Lenovo, wifi.
Brought wifi router from home Airport extreme, set up router with same wifi name and password, disable DSL routers wifi.
Seems to work well now (again). Computer in office car in the shop/ stall. Adapted individual items in 17 Instruments. Full quick scan success as well.
So you changed a bunch of things, meaning you're not really sure which one solved the problem?

FWIW, my money is on the router. :)

-Uwe-

Back