Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transporter 2018 + HEX V2

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the settings in the BCM on my MQB platform car appear to change with VCDS but don't take effect until you reset to factory settings - on my car that's things like the number of comfort blinks. I'm wondering if there's a similar thing going on here?

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried changing other unrelated values. Same result. In all cases it saves the value but has no effect.

I have now registered.

I can't help feeling disappointed that I have ended up in the very position I was trying to avoid at the start of the thread. I've bought an interface but because my vehicle is 'faulty' I can't carry out the specific initial functions I wanted to.
    I don't fancy my chances of success telling VW there is bug in their software. (They haven't got over the shock yet of governments telling them their software has a bug in it, DEISELGATE)
    I will ask my dealer to look in to the bug anyway, (when they have stopped laughing)and while they are there, they can make the changes I want on their kit. (they are going to charge at least £120 just to plug in.)
    None of these changes are vital, life threatening, or otherwise. Just nice to have, because you can!
    Is it your experience that these bugs get sorted in the fullness of time? Is there anything else I can do?
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before giving up and going to the dealer it would help if you could be specific about what changes you are trying to make.

VCDS does keep a log of all the changes you make (attempt to make) so please could you post that log (as well as an Auto-Scan made with the HEX-V2) here for the experts to look at and hopefully make helpful comments. Look in the folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs

Given that you have a 2019 model and that VW have been making some significant changes (e.g. some modules no longer use coding but only adaptation channels) this may be a way forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martbspike View Post
    I can't help feeling disappointed that I have ended up in the very position I was trying to avoid at the start of the thread. I've bought an interface but because my vehicle is 'faulty' I can't carry out the specific initial functions I wanted to..
    Your old interface was clearly not compatible with the new van you have as evidenced by the fact that VCDS was unable to load data for many of the control module in it.

You have yet to tell us exactly what you're trying to change that won't take. Let's get some details please.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to change Auto locking to on. (Doors automatically lock at 10 mph) Also want to add audible notification of doors locking from remote key locking. Worked fine on my previous Transporter.

I will save another log file and a scan tomorrow. (Too late in the uk now, plus it’s cold and raining.)
    Thanks for all of your help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Known issue with these BCMs, there seems to be a glitch in the BCM software itself which in some cases saves the changes you make but they won't have an effect. I have had success with changing other unrelated functions and then at some point all changes got accepted. So while you will need to upgrade either way, the upgrade itself may not address this problem.
    Somewhat confused now. Are you saying that if a function exists in VCDS adaptation menu (e.g. Addr 09, Channel 11 Central Audible Locking) it also means that the functionality actually exists in the vehicle? When I got my HEX-V2 cable and experimented quite a few of adaptations noticed that there were few functions that didn't work (e.g. the Audible Locking in BCM). My assumption then was that the VCDS shows whatever adaptations (or just their placeholders) are available (some of them maybe on some other platform) but the actual implementation on the van might be sometimes just a subset.
    I never noticed any delay for the changes to take place. However if didn't get the effect, reverted the setting back after a few days, so don't know if that would have taken place later.
    Code:
    MY16 Transporter
    Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb
       Part No SW: 7E0 937 090     HW: 7E0 937 090 
       Component: BCM PQ25 Max4 H80 0736  
       Revision: B9080001    Serial number: 0771 316150034
       Coding: 62F8793A0A21209301284F602CEB87F4C0B47389604579603204003F0860
       Shop #: WSC 32611 002 1048576
       VCID: 688AB211027AA5A7EBC-803C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VWT6 View Post
    Somewhat confused now. Are you saying that if a function exists in VCDS adaptation menu (e.g. Addr 09, Channel 11 Central Audible Locking) it also means that the functionality actually exists in the vehicle?
    No, not necessarily. It may be a question of what's actually allowed by the firmware in a particular module, or (in the case of audible locking confirmation) what's actually wired.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes VWT6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martbspike View Post
    I am trying to change Auto locking to on. (Doors automatically lock at 10 mph)
    This is one of those modules where there's both a bit in the coding for that and an Adaptation channel for it. I'm not sure why it's that way, but you may have to set it in both places, and possibly in a certain sequence? I'm not sure since I've never had a van like this.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's not that simple as to which of those two functions are set or what is wired. The Auto-Scan shows that the sounder (LIN-BACKUP HORN) is installed, that's all that is needed in order to get the audible confirmation functional. As mentioned before, there is a glitch in the control module (BCM) firmware, which will allow saving changes in both coding and adaptation but they won't have an effect. This effects most T6 models, though most customers will never notice. Some settings are taking, others are not. Then, months later you tweak a totally unrelated setting and voila everything you tweaked before also comes alive. I've spent the last 2 years on my own T6 again and again to figure this out. At the present time, I got both the audible confirmation as well as the auto-lock/unlock working, as these are the two settings mostly relevant here.

I had some success with flipping byte 8 bit 7 (sound installed yes/no) and cycling the ignition between switching that bit off and on again. Though there is no guarantee if it will work or not... Yes, this may also effect the Auto-Lock/Unlock functionality - don't ask why (the current guesstimate is, that some internal values are reset/reinitialized once certain bits are set, while others don't see to have the same effect). Another context where this is relevant is the mirror folding...
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

ĽNichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.ę

12. Likes VWT6, NEtech, PetrolDave, Uwe, jyoung8607, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think I have cracked it. Tried 2 things at the same time, havenít narrowed it down to one or the other yet, but it works. I read somewhere, not sure how true it was, that vw had introduced a security measure to stop wireless hacking, by needing the bonnet, (hood) to be open to accept coding. The other thing I changed was I reset all the previous attempts back to default, and then made the change through coding and not Adaptation. Bingo! Seems be working every time now.
    Bit late in the day to try it again now with the bonnet closed. Could be a complete red hearing, but Iím happy I finally got the changes made that I wanted.

14. Likes jyoung8607, Mike@Gendan, Dana liked this post