Audi A6 - can it be done?

Audi_Fahrer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165902
I own the old version of the VCDS and used it successfully on my 2001 allroad. I recently purchased a 2008 A6 Avant and before investing in the new VCDS, I would like to know if the following is even doable:
Activate the rear Euro turn signals
Turn the DRLs into the high beams (like the 2001 allroad, since the high beams are terrible on this car)
Program the remote to close the rear hatch
Any advice would be appreciated. I read somewhere that you can check the health of the timing chain and components, that alone might be worth the $200 investment.
Thanks
Audi_Fahrer

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I own the old version of the VCDS ... before investing in the new VCDSr
If you have VCDS (not VCDS-Lite) then the software is free to update so you can update to the latest version (currently 18.9.0).

What cable do you currently have?

Last edited:

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
DRL as main beam - You really think p21w filament bulb shows something?

Rear lights are subject to change.

Rear lud closing from remote can be achived with adding a relay in circuit. Not possible with diagnostic.

Anyhow, Your VCDS-lite wouldn't allow diagnostic to this car because lack of can-bus.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you have VCDS (not VCDS-Lite) then the software is free to update so you can update to the latest version (currently 18.9.0).

What cable do you currently have?
He's got VCDS-Lite, with a "dumb" interface of some sort.

-Uwe-

Audi_Fahrer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165902
Thanks for the Answers

Correct, I have the old version and a cheap Chinese cable and I know it does not work on a 2008. I have been thinking about getting the new version and was just wondering if the ideas I had can be done. And no, the little DRL bulb is useless. I would add the correct bulb and socket. The problem with this car is the real lack of high beams (or brights) - my allroad has fantastic high beams where the A6 has the DRLs, something Audi did not do in Germany, as far as I know. I have LED's on the bumper for DRLs.

I bought an OBDeleven and am utterly disappointed. It might work well on some VW models but not on this Audi. That's why I thought I might spend the money and get the real thing.
Thanks to all who responded.
Audi_Fahrer

Back