Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetta 2005 2.5 L lost battery due to a big leak 2A constant.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please show screenshots of these discrepancies between repair manuals ..........

I think you are looking at a incorrect WD for production after July 2006> that is why?

There is a WD from NOV 2004> for BGQ and I think you want that one........
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-11-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I have now the official VW Jetta service manuals. I try to find the start up sequence and after many days I know what it is.
    The car is not working I make the the J682 to come on by applying a ground to the proper relay coil terminal.
    The starter is not working or I am missing a connection to the starter.
    When I apply the key to start I hear nothing from the starter but now I have my fuel pump running.
    I am open for suggestion the car is now like Heath kit project.
    I like to get some connection to the ecu but I think is not functioning yet. Maybe I need some help here.
    My PC had a big issue but now behaves good.
    Regards to all. Peter11742

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mentioned that I installed a jetta radio 2017 in the old car.
    It worked well for weeks until I disconnected the battery for a few days.
    When I tried to hear my station I got a surprise components were locked and I had no voice on the speakers.
    I found only the dealer can much my vin with the serial number of radio.
    Any one had this kind of event on a simple radio from eBay.
    Peter11742

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All.
    I like to see if you can verify my Jetta's electrical connection 2005.5 BGQ.
    We have three supplies Terminal 15 with J329. Terminal 30 with J317. Terminal 50 with J682.
    The first 2 terminals work fine the 3 terminal I have issues.
    J682 the one of the coil terminal has to be in the ground but I can not trace it. Also has to bring the power from the c bus 12 v. to B/50 starter.
    First I made a sort on J682 heavy contacts thinking it will start the starter nothing happened.
    Second I provided the ground on the coil and the relay works fine when the ground is good.
    To day is raining hard so I can not work. My next project is to find where is the starter's solenoid red wire terminated, it is difficult to connect to it but I will try on Monday.
    Best regards. Peter11742
    Last edited by peter11742; 12-21-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter11742 View Post
    I forgot to mentioned that I installed a jetta radio 2017 in the old car.
    It worked well for weeks until I disconnected the battery for a few days.
    When I tried to hear my station I got a surprise components were locked and I had no voice on the speakers.
    Have you checked whether the 2017 radio is the cause of the 2A drain? If it's not interpreting the message on the infotainment CAN bus that tells it to turn off it COULD be staying on...

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.
    Yes I checked the radio is pooling only 2 ma.
    The can bus on the radio works it took me a while to make it work.
    It is a better radio and it has the Bluetooth that you can use any phone in the car.
    So far the leaks is not my concern I want to start the car first I lost it and is hard to find the reason that is not working.
    For the big 2A leak I will have a solution after the start up of the Jetta.
    I am sure I will find something that will help many people that they have the same car.
    Peter11742

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Holidays to All.
    peter11742

9. Likes Uwe, iichel liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 2 Amp draw should be easy to find and isolate by watching battery voltage or pulling fuses to bifurcate zones and after the alarm module for all central locks are verified fully armed!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information.
    First I did remove fuses and I found 3 fuses cause the leak SB3 SB47 SB48.
    With a sensitive ampmeter I observe the 2 A are from the J519 controller because the wiring is opened.
    Today I used for first time my laptop to see if I communicate with the controller.
    First I used my charger to help the battery to stay longer and I got some reading.
    I also heard some noise from the door back of me Probably the locking mechanism is bad.
    These are my readings.
    Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail.
    Controller: 06A 906 032 QC
    Component:2 5I R5/4v G6605
    Coding:0000003
    Shop # WSC 00066
    VCID: 6F9150Bf3E85
    2 faults found
    28823 no communications with Air Bug control module.
    U0151 008 Implausible Signal intermittent
    17070 Shareware Version . To decode all DTCs
    P0686-002 Please Register/Activate intermittent
    Readiness: 0110 1101
    Address 02 Auto Trans Labels None
    Controller 09G 927 750 AS
    Component: AQ 250 6F 0649
    Coding 0000008
    Shop # WSC 00066
    VCID: 8277890B9D17
    2 Faults Found
    01314 Engine Control Module 004 No Signal/Communication Intermittent
    01314 Shrareware Version To Decode all DTCs 008 Please Register/Activate Intermittent.

After this my charger lost the fuse and the car drained the battery in 2 minutes and died.
    I must stop the Headlights with the key on, this is an engineering screw up it consumes 10 A with the key on. I wander people have issues with the Jetta's.
    Any one have done it before let me know. I also will appreciate if you give me some feed back on the errors. I know about the airbag error.
    Now I must find the starter big red cable The car is not starting. I also going to order J527 Stearing controller.
    Peter11742
    Last edited by peter11742; 12-25-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rather than keep posting typed copies of parts of the Auto-Scan PLEASE post the Auto-Scan file unedited - you'll probably need to get your battery charger working again first!

It's replay hard to help you without seeing a proper Auto-Scan

14. Likes Fredrick Awuor liked this post