C?ID=271067
My old module is 5k0 now put 1k8 yes valeo

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
5K0 is only for Golf VI and Golf Plus. Not for Scirocco, but doesn't matter now. Valeo makes difference, so I someone will generalise "change PDC module and that's all", from today you should ask: who did make your module :) . So I have to change bumper, sensors, wires and module.

Ljubo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271067
my car is golf 6 R I changed my rns 510 with mib 2 my old modul is 5k0 now i put 1k8 from scirroco

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Hi,

the camera is installed with Bosch (old) PDC module. In future I will upgrade it, so I have one question for newer system based on Valeo.
1.) Does somebody have electrical diagram for Scirocco or similar car from years 2012-13 (3plugs module) and >=2015 (2 plugs)? I need to check what CAN type goes to PDC module. Currently I have orange CAN from engine I think…

2.) Could somebody check values for below adaptations?
ENG122228-ENG117685-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering,Available ,8
ENG122228-ENG117686-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-PDC_audio_lowering_msg_bus,Terminal 15 ,8

ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B,not activated ,64
ENG122229-ENG117713-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B_msg_bus,not activated ,64

3.) What is terminal 15? Is this when ignition on, or maybe it is the same as line 15a?

4.) How to check if I have to set something as Terminal 15 or Comfort Bus?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
1. This should help you out -> https://www.drive2.ru/l/10392999/. Retrofitting 1K8 PLA 2.0 modules is rather popular, so there is much info. You just have to pick out what you need for the 4K PDC system because otherwise the pin locations are the same.
2. I have Discover Media PQ 5C0035680B and my radio has the same values on "audio_lowering" and I haven't changed them. VPS only applies if you have highline RVC. With lowline camera, these VPS values are correct.
3. Terminal 15 in VW parlance means "ignition power".
4. See 2.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Last edited:

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
If you want to do a demo installation, you would need to re-pin the PDC module connectors from old two small connectors to the new two large connector setup. This harness saves you from having the real hassle of re-pinning to the new connectors and basically costs the same as buying the new connectors seperately. I've got one in my PLA 2.0 car and used one in a 8K PDC conversion and it works fine. One of the plugs simply remains free because of no front sensors.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOR...797.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a6b4c4di2ND6c

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
If you want to do a demo installation, you would need to re-pin the PDC module connectors from old two small connectors to the new two large connector setup. This harness saves you from having the real hassle of re-pinning to the new connectors]
Do you remember that I have BOSCH sensors system? I've hear that they are not supported by Valeo modules. This is way I can't do re-pin.

I got Skoda yeti module fI rrom radio seller. It should work with Discover Media. I do not have sensors and harness, but I would build demo currently on this: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQb4p-gozBJ6Kz4zA .
So I repeat question - do I have to add additional wires connection from some other modules (BCM, Gateway, 5F or other) to this module?

Here is view from camera installed on bumper https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQcuT3OIIXo4v_jnw . The camera and holder are from Seat ibiza, but holder is the same as with Bentley logo. Am I able to calibrate camera to show license plate less?

Last edited:

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Do you remember that I have BOSCH sensors system? I've hear that they are not supported by Valeo modules. This is way I can't do re-pin.

I got Skoda yeti module fI rrom radio seller. It should work with Discover Media. I do not have sensors and harness, but I would build demo currently on this: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQb4p-gozBJ6Kz4zA .
So I repeat question - do I have to add additional wires connection from some other modules (BCM, Gateway, 5F or other) to this module?

Here is view from camera installed on bumper https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQcuT3OIIXo4v_jnw . The camera and holder are from Seat ibiza, but holder is the same as with Bentley logo. Am I able to calibrate camera to show license plate less?
Guess I didn't remember.

5J0919475C should be good for you. According to ETKA, its used from the same time as Škoda's Discover Media PQ 5L0035680 on the Yeti. No other connections necessary.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
T16h plug (orange) for my Bosch 1K0 module has 4 pins (CAN H &L, +12V, ground).
T16h/8 ground
T16h/1 +12V
T16h/10 CAN orange/black
T16h/9 CAN orange/brown

CAN wires are from powertrain CAN I think, but how is in Yeti? Also powertrain or comfort bus? This knowledge could be needed for 5F adaptation. I have to check on electric diagram how Yeti pins for this plug was installed.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
5J0919475C should be good for you. According to ETKA, its used from the same time as Škoda's Discover Media PQ 5L0035680 on the Yeti.
I see on ETKA online that Yeti 2016 group 9, subgroup 919-051 has 6 sensors (4 inner, 2 outer) so the question is if for sure my Skoda 5J0919475C/5J0919475A module support only or at least 4 sensors?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I see on ETKA online that Yeti 2016 group 9, subgroup 919-051 has 6 sensors (4 inner, 2 outer) so the question is if for sure my Skoda 5J0919475C/5J0919475A module support only or at least 4 sensors?
I'm not sure about this but perhaps its time look at brochures and pricelists for the Yeti. They should shed light on what equipment was available for the model.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
I've checked. Re-mapping is needed for both plugs between valeo and bosch. I will check how it will work with my Bosch sensors, when I will make adapter for demo installation.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Hello. I have newer sensors, Skoda 1J0 4K PDC module and a bumper wires from Golf VI. I did mapping and plug and play connection. OPS on RVC video works :)
Discover Media from Scirocco 2010

Last edited:

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Hello. Does anybody know if I can configure PDC module to keep active parking aid system for a few seconds when forward gear is engaged? In my previous/factory module (Bosch) parking aid was active for a few seconds if the obstacle was detected and I engaged forward gear.

molnar

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214283 (NRRT)
Hello. Does anybody know if I can configure PDC module to keep active parking aid system for a few seconds when forward gear is engaged? In my previous/factory module (Bosch) parking aid was active for a few seconds if the obstacle was detected and I engaged forward gear.

I am also looking for information on how to do it - I have passat b7 pdc 1k8 919 472 c and it doesn't work for me either. I found in the network that the sensors should be 5Q0919275 B but I do not know if it is truth because no one has confirmed it.
Nothing on the subject in PDC adaptations.

I still have a problem with discover media and RVC camera - when I attach reverse gear, I see a camera with lines and a car with PDC sensors. If I press the PDC button, instead of showing the car with sensors, it shows me the lines from the camera. Somewhere something supposedly in the 5F adaptations need to be changed but I don't know what.
Maybe someone solved such a problem

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
For B7 and 1K8 919 472C, you don't need to change sensors.

Post a complete autoscan and admap of Discover Media PQ.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since everyone posting in this thread is now verified, it's moving to Retrofits.

-Uwe-

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
I am also looking for information on how to do it - I have passat b7 pdc 1k8 919 472 c and it doesn't work for me either. I found in the network that the sensors should be 5Q0919275 B but I do not know if it is truth because no one has confirmed it.
Nothing on the subject in PDC adaptations.

I still have a problem with discover media and RVC camera - when I attach reverse gear, I see a camera with lines and a car with PDC sensors. If I press the PDC button, instead of showing the car with sensors, it shows me the lines from the camera. Somewhere something supposedly in the 5F adaptations need to be changed but I don't know what.
Maybe someone solved such a problem

I am not able to help you with this problem. I don't have PDC button in my car, but I would like to ask you about clock and time displayed on the Discover Media? Do you see a correct time on Discover Media?

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
I am not able to help you with this problem. I don't have PDC button in my car, but I would like to ask you about clock and time displayed on the Discover Media? Do you see a correct time on Discover Media?

This seem like it's a cluster software issue. The DM get's it's time from the instrument cluster over CAN.
If the software is too old it looks like the message doesn't get sent or is in a different format. So the DM clock always shows 00:00.
Newer clusters don't seem to have this problem, time is reflected correctly on the Dm when changed in the cluster menu.
Changing gateway doesn't seem to have any effect here.

Back