Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Scirocco 2010 Discover Media and RVC retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    1k8 is not usable then as it is only available as PLA2.0 module which has different amount of connectors than your current parking module. And it needs th extra sensors.

Are you sure the connection was made correctly? That's why I asked what exactly was connected and where. Based on your description the rvc coding seems correct as the overlay in DM changes when you put the car to reverse. It could mean that either the signal wires are not connected to correct location or the trigger to power the camera is not connected to correct location. In factory wiring diagram the camera voltage trigger is coming from backup light feed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    1k8 is not usable then as it is only available as PLA2.0 module which has different amount of connectors than your current parking module. And it needs th extra sensors.

Are you sure the connection was made correctly? That's why I asked what exactly was connected and where. Based on your description the rvc coding seems correct as the overlay in DM changes when you put the car to reverse. It could mean that either the signal wires are not connected to correct location or the trigger to power the camera is not connected to correct location. In factory wiring diagram the camera voltage trigger is coming from backup light feed.
    1K8 919 472 is PDC 8k
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

3. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes. I stand corrected. All my googling couple of days ago only returned PLA modules.

For OP the correct module for rear sensors only would be 1K8 919 465. That is 4K module and has 5Q0 919 283 hardware in it. The one Spacewalker mentions is 8K which requires the front sensors as well.

There’s one in ebay in Poland https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-TIGUAN-5...IAAOSwERRa2wVR

BUT , this module is showing Tiguan or Caddy 2k in all the ads. It will work scirocco but there might be some different behaviour of rear sensors as both Tiguan and Caddy have the sensors higher.

I would first check then wiring and connections before changing the pdc module.
    Last edited by downtime; 12-07-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes. I stand corrected. All my googling couple of days ago only returned PLA modules.

For OP the correct module for rear sensors only would be 1K8 919 465. That is 4K module and has 5Q0 919 283 hardware in it. The one Spacewalker mentions is 8K which requires the front sensors as well.

There’s one in ebay in Poland https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-TIGUAN-5...IAAOSwERRa2wVR

BUT , this module is showing Tiguan or Caddy 2k in all the ads. It will work scirocco but there might be some different behaviour of rear sensors as both Tiguan and Caddy have the sensors higher.

I would first check then wiring and connections before changing the pdc module.
    no matter,. because you dont know where module came from might have wrong Data Set, and nothing will work
    This is a know issue with latest VAG modules - proper part number, but different data set load
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

6. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is true

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Today I collected more information. I played with Long Coding of 5F with VCDS. I can change manufacturer from VW-NFZ to VW and car to Scirocco and a few more settings like USB, DAB. I compared my coding with others 5F. Still VCDS long code helper doesn't describe some bytes and doesn't allow change value from drop down list. I see 1 item on DDL list, but other DM without DAB but with same SW and HW has different value in the same byte, so I think more than 1 value are available to set. For 5C0 helper gets labels from file 5G0.

Good news are - I know how to see video mode on my DM. It does on some circumstances:
    1. Clear errors in 5F
    2. Set different coding and check "soft reset", then Do it.

After that I can see this: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuwAeVEhNnQxgbQQ0hokXLUMqNVF_g

When I bring a finger closer to screen, left and right panels are shown. When the error is saved in memory, then DM show directly OPS screen/image.
    During my tests, reset 10sec power on button doesn't work same as reset via VCDS option "soft reset".
    Code:
    6720 - Rear View Camera 
              B1102 31 [009] - No Signal
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 3
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 2
                        Mileage: 166079 km
                        Date: 2100.14.18
                        Time: 08:47:36

Voltage terminal 30: 14.2 V
    Next step will be connecting camera to electric installation, clearing errors, recoding 5F and soft reset. Then reverse gear on active ignition and success or fail. If fail - maybe camera or PDS module. We will see.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to pictures it looks to work correctly. Just no camera picture which is understandable as you don’t have camera connected.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you connect the camera? +12 constant,gnd, +12v trigger from backup light and camera signal + and - connected to radio quadlock connector.
    It was connected to +12V from quadlock, ground to DM chassis, 2 pins to blue socket in quadlock 6/12 and +12V simulating reverse light was passed after reverse gear was enabled, it was also +12V but not reverse signal. Next installation iteration will be done similiar but connecting to real reverse signal and to ground point .

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today the camera was connected to car. After that coding was done and... 5F doesn't go into video mode. I don't know why :| .I used 2 tested before codings. I removed camera. I did coding again to my base coding. Next, I set new codings with soft reset and without reset. Also I have tried disable camera in 5F and in [10], then code them again. Reset unit. ignition off/on .
    Does VCDS have problem with coding or wrong sequence or what else :| ?

Open doors?
    Last edited by cruzbdg; 12-11-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you connect the camera video feed? Which pins?