VW Scirocco 2010 Discover Media and RVC retrofit

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Evening I restored video mode without camera. I checked 3x so I hope tomorrow will be video image on screen when camera will be on board. I did remove/add 56 in gateway. Remove bit 5 in [10]. Ignition off, key remove from ignition lock. Insert key, code set bit 5 in [10]. Code 5F. Exit from controller in VCDS. Click button power on on DM about 10sec to restart. Start engine. Power on DM. Select reverse gear.
Pins 6/transparent wire and 12 black to small blue quadlock socket. Gnd and reverse light from back light connector. Constant +12V from +12 cons for DM (30 terminal). I have an adapter from RCD to Mib. All above did with closed doors.

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Connection is almost the same what I have except I took gnd from behind the radio as well. So only +12v trigger signal from reversing light. Ground is pin 15 on the large block. KL31 gnd.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
The problem with missing video screen was due to open tailgate with reverse gear. So I can see now video from camera. You can see it in the latest picture in below dir:
OPS and RVC pics

The new problem is missing OPS overlapped on RVC screen.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
:) Naturally. It cuts of the video signal when you open the trunk. Luckily not a bigger problem than that.

Your coding looked correct in PDC module so maybe this is due to the pdc DM incompatability issues, maybe?

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
When I set reverse gear with opened tailgate, then I hear test beep and OPS graphic on DM screen.
When I set reverse gear with closed tailgate, then I hear test beep and see camera view only. On left toolbar when hand is near screen, I don't see icon to change mode to only OPS.

When I changed adaptation for test purpose only, RCV video INPUT from FBAS to LV..., then I saw new icon on toolbar (A in circle). But still no icon for OPS on the top. I see that icon, but only when camera is unconnected or when tailgate is opened, but icon is gray (logical when no camera or opened tailgate).
I do not understand why RVC video input has impact on icons viisbility.

The new photos are here OPS and RVC pics

The new questions are:
* what is wrong, wrong coding or adaptation of 5F?
* not compatibile parktronik module or his software or firmware?
* what does this setting do in long coding helper: byte 16, bit7 legal_rvc,YES. I have unchecked this. Whtat is legal RVC?
* where on this forum I can ask ross-tech employee for answear?
* can PDC module 1k8 with Front + rear be configured to use only rear sensor without throwing errors?

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
* can PDC module 1k8 with Front + rear be configured to use only rear sensor without throwing errors?

No, you need a module that matches your sensor count.

Can you post a latest autoscan with your current coding?

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Hi. I would not paste autoscan again, because the one posted on page 1 is current. Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file. My current coding of 5F is like in adaptation map posted on page 1. I changed brand and car type but this doesn't have any impact on enabling OPS with RVC same time and no availability for change from RVC to OPS and vice versa (missing icon on left bar).
I exception is coding od [10] which is 30 00 01.
I think the problem is with PDC or with 5F adaptation but more possible the 1st.

Next questions, what does this things do:
ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated"
IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2
ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A
ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B

ENG109862-ENG138662-Vehicle_configuration-Mirror_link,OFF ,30 ? Why this OFF. The 5f shoudl have enabled this and apple car and android auto

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file.
Why is 5F not present in the gateway connection list?

Maybe that could be related to the problems you are having?

Try adding 5F to the gateway connection list and paste the Auto-Scan with that setup.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Hi. I would not paste autoscan again, because the one posted on page 1 is current. Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file. My current coding of 5F is like in adaptation map posted on page 1. I changed brand and car type but this doesn't have any impact on enabling OPS with RVC same time and no availability for change from RVC to OPS and vice versa (missing icon on left bar).
I exception is coding od [10] which is 30 00 01.
I think the problem is with PDC or with 5F adaptation but more possible the 1st.

Next questions, what does this things do:
ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated"
IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2
ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A
ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B

ENG109862-ENG138662-Vehicle_configuration-Mirror_link,OFF ,30 ? Why this OFF. The 5f shoudl have enabled this and apple car and android auto

You have made so many changes according to your messages so it is a little hard to follow what exactly have been done, that's why the latest autoscan would help on that.

ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated", this means that the menu item is only adjustable when the car is standstill. Usually only option activated besides the actual item is over threshold high.
IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2 = No idea, but don't touch this one
ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B = for highline camera, with lowline it is not needed to be enabled.
ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A = Spurwechselassistent or more familiar lane change assist.

Did you have an hacked unit? Can't remember and don't want to go back four pages to find the info. If not, then probably you don't have this. It is not automatically enabled on all MIB systems.

Well, looks like you need to replace your pdc controller. Someone did parts listing here http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f78/discover-media-retrofit-119974.html

Last edited:

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Why is 5F not present in the gateway connection list?
Guys, please read my posts above carefully :). I wrote why there is no need to put autoscan again and also I wrote that I use 1K0 Gateway. The car is 2010 year and had from stock RCD310. Discover Media PQ35 + NAV [controller address 5F]. RCD radio [56]. Replacing gateways as first step is a myth. First step is checking if newer radio unit drains car battery (if radio goes sleep). My [19] was tested and doesn't drain battery. I keep open addresses 37,56,77 to pass information to and from 5F. This is not a gateway problem. The low line camera is connected directly to 52 pins quadlock to DM and I see an OPS on DM, so information are received by 5F. Data frames are not send directly to specific controller. They have recipient address on can bus. Multifunction steering wheel works. I see info from Navi on MFA+. I see phone status and contacts on MFA+ also. I see on DM date, temperature, DM knows my VIN and recognizes my voice commands. I can use phone via BT.

The camera signal is sent directly to DM. DM also should receive OPS data and DM should compile both information to show one picture (overlapped OPS on video). So I am thinking about missing coding, adaptations or incompatibile signal from [10] for OPS in RVC mode.

Did you have an hacked unit? Can't remember and don't want to go back four pages to find the info.
Thank you for clarifying meaning.
Yes, I have activated app-connect. I saw long code adjusted for USB and some media, so I am not sure if this adaptation does something or was omitted by seller. I will try it later, when I connect some smartphone.

What does mean:
ENG122227-ENG117651-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror?

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
The camera signal is sent directly to DM. DM also should receive OPS data and DM should compile both information to show one picture (overlapped OPS on video). So I am thinking about missing coding, adaptations or incompatibile signal from [10] for OPS in RVC mode.

No, if you read the link I attached to my previous post, it clearly clarifies that you need 1K8 PDC module to display the overlay. 1K0 does not support that. That was my suspicion all along and that post in the watercooled forum just proves it right. The guy there lists all the parts you need to change for the DM retrofit.

Thank you for clarifying meaning.
Yes, I have activated app-connect. I saw long code adjusted for USB and some media, so I am not sure if this adaptation does something or was omitted by seller. I will try it later, when I connect some smartphone.

What does mean:
ENG122227-ENG117651-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror?

Ok good. Don't change it until you've tried with the smartphone first.

That menu item means mirror adjustment settings menu. And with mirror adjustments I mean mirror lowering when reverse on/off, auto-fold mirrors on/off, adjust both mirrors separately or together. You would not benefit from these as your cars BCM does not cope. You have these settings in the adjustment menu on the instrument cluster.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Hi. I've read that post from link some time ago and his retrofit basis on HighLine camera with camera module. I do not have camera module. Next thing is my PDC is Bosch and his was Valeo with 3 sockets. Remapping pins from 3->2 sockets is the one thing, the next thing is PDC sensor - I have Bosch, so this means probably I have to change everything... pdc module, sensors, harness and new bumper.

My stuff for PDC:
Sensor: 7L5 919 275 B
Cover: 1k8 919 485, 485a, 486, 486a
Seal/Oring: 7L5 919 133

From 2015:
Sensor: 5q0919 275b
Cover: 1k8 919 491b or c
Seal/oring: 5q0 919 133

Facelift has module on front.
Before is back, under rear right lamp.

I know that pins from 3 sockets to 2 sockets can be re-mapped, but does 1k8 module requires additional harness from front of the car?
Also does anybody know what diameter has a hole for the new sensors or for my sensors?

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
The PDC module is providing the overlay not DM, so if it's not working then I would first look at it.

And 5Q0 diameter is 18.2mm for normal parking sensors. Looking at the pictures, looks pretty much the same both 5Q0 and 7L5 sensors so I'm quite sure the 7L5 is also 18.2mm.

If you replace the PDC module with 1K8 919 465, that is 4k parkhilfe module which means rear ops only. You do not need to pull any additional wiring from the front. Only if you replace the module with 8k parkhilfe module that is for front and rear OPS.
You need to repin it unfortunately as the new one has different connectors completely. Or if you do not want to make any permanent changes, there's also an adapter available : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOR...lgo_pvid=99aa4aff-1f6e-46af-b345-d0723e18246d

Parkings sensors compatibility I do not know. They look very similar both 7L5 and 5Q0.

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
On the Passat B7 and CC, the same parking sensors that the older 8K and 12K 3AA PDC modules used are successfully used with the appropriate 1K8 PDC modules. So I'd guess the 7L5 sensors should work with the 1K8 PDC module.

8K PDC has three connectors and the 4K will have one less as there is no sensor loom going into the front bumper. If there is sufficient access, I would repin with the appropriate connectors to the 4E0 972 726 and 5Q0 972 718 connectors.

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
@siLc
Valeo had modules with 3 plugs also and Passat 3AA had Valeo module.

@downtime - I've talked with the kamold and he confirmed that I must replace whole PDC with bumper, because I have old Bosch sensors. My sensor picture is here:Bosch PDC Sensor

Sensor diameter is about 1,5cm and hole diameter in bumper has ~2,8cm.

And 1 question to your answer about ENG122227-ENG117651-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror . Yes, I can set exterior mirror settings on White Dots MFA+ but for which purposes is that adaptation in 5F? This is for changing car settings from Discover Media?

Currently I do not see any car settings in DM.

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
That is for cars that DM is intended for. PQxx is a different platform completely than MQx MLx platforms. Those Mxx platforms don't have car settings in the instrument MFD but they're controlled through the multimedia system.
So as you have PQxx platform car, that menu naturally does not work like the fact that you do not have car menu in DM that you could utilize.

If you want car menu on the DM, you would need to replace gateway and BCM at least with MQB versions. Probably instrument cluster as well. Would be a HUGE task :)

Ljubo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271067
i have retrofitt discover media in my golf 6 R and i need changed pdc module with 1k8919472B and everithing work fine together camera and ops screen together

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
i have retrofitt discover media in my golf 6 R and i need changed pdc module with 1k8919472B and everithing work fine together camera and ops screen together

Hi,

good new :). This module is from Scirocco. Did you change sensors also? Which sensors or module did you have from factory?

Ljubo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271067
Yes from scirroco no need change sensors my module is 5k0919475E and i change gateway with latest version BC

cruzbdg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327228
Something weird... . Are you sure that you had 5K0 from factory? This part is for Golf 6. I checked in ETKA that up to 2015 Scirocco had 1k0 modules and 5k0919475E is manufactured by Valeo, so you have probably Valeo sensors and probably this is a reason why you didn't change wires. So you changed Valeo to Valeo.

Back