Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW Scirocco 2010 Discover Media and RVC retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evening I restored video mode without camera. I checked 3x so I hope tomorrow will be video image on screen when camera will be on board. I did remove/add 56 in gateway. Remove bit 5 in [10]. Ignition off, key remove from ignition lock. Insert key, code set bit 5 in [10]. Code 5F. Exit from controller in VCDS. Click button power on on DM about 10sec to restart. Start engine. Power on DM. Select reverse gear.
    Pins 6/transparent wire and 12 black to small blue quadlock socket. Gnd and reverse light from back light connector. Constant +12V from +12 cons for DM (30 terminal). I have an adapter from RCD to Mib. All above did with closed doors.
    Last edited by cruzbdg; 12-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Connection is almost the same what I have except I took gnd from behind the radio as well. So only +12v trigger signal from reversing light. Ground is pin 15 on the large block. KL31 gnd.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with missing video screen was due to open tailgate with reverse gear. So I can see now video from camera. You can see it in the latest picture in below dir:
    OPS and RVC pics

The new problem is missing OPS overlapped on RVC screen.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naturally. It cuts of the video signal when you open the trunk. Luckily not a bigger problem than that.

Your coding looked correct in PDC module so maybe this is due to the pdc DM incompatability issues, maybe?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I set reverse gear with opened tailgate, then I hear test beep and OPS graphic on DM screen.
    When I set reverse gear with closed tailgate, then I hear test beep and see camera view only. On left toolbar when hand is near screen, I don't see icon to change mode to only OPS.

When I changed adaptation for test purpose only, RCV video INPUT from FBAS to LV..., then I saw new icon on toolbar (A in circle). But still no icon for OPS on the top. I see that icon, but only when camera is unconnected or when tailgate is opened, but icon is gray (logical when no camera or opened tailgate).
    I do not understand why RVC video input has impact on icons viisbility.

The new photos are here OPS and RVC pics

The new questions are:
    * what is wrong, wrong coding or adaptation of 5F?
    * not compatibile parktronik module or his software or firmware?
    * what does this setting do in long coding helper: byte 16, bit7 legal_rvc,YES. I have unchecked this. Whtat is legal RVC?
    * where on this forum I can ask ross-tech employee for answear?
    * can PDC module 1k8 with Front + rear be configured to use only rear sensor without throwing errors?
    Last edited by cruzbdg; Today at 08:54 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    * can PDC module 1k8 with Front + rear be configured to use only rear sensor without throwing errors?
    No, you need a module that matches your sensor count.

Can you post a latest autoscan with your current coding?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I would not paste autoscan again, because the one posted on page 1 is current. Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file. My current coding of 5F is like in adaptation map posted on page 1. I changed brand and car type but this doesn't have any impact on enabling OPS with RVC same time and no availability for change from RVC to OPS and vice versa (missing icon on left bar).
    I exception is coding od [10] which is 30 00 01.
    I think the problem is with PDC or with 5F adaptation but more possible the 1st.

Next questions, what does this things do:
    ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated"
    IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2
    ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A
    ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B

ENG109862-ENG138662-Vehicle_configuration-Mirror_link,OFF ,30 ? Why this OFF. The 5f shoudl have enabled this and apple car and android auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzbdg View Post
    Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file.
    Why is 5F not present in the gateway connection list?

Maybe that could be related to the problems you are having?

Try adding 5F to the gateway connection list and paste the Auto-Scan with that setup.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzbdg View Post
    Hi. I would not paste autoscan again, because the one posted on page 1 is current. Furthermore autoscan does a scan basing on gateway connection list, so 5F will not be present in log file. My current coding of 5F is like in adaptation map posted on page 1. I changed brand and car type but this doesn't have any impact on enabling OPS with RVC same time and no availability for change from RVC to OPS and vice versa (missing icon on left bar).
    I exception is coding od [10] which is 30 00 01.
    I think the problem is with PDC or with 5F adaptation but more possible the 1st.

Next questions, what does this things do:
    ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated"
    IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2
    ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A
    ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B

ENG109862-ENG138662-Vehicle_configuration-Mirror_link,OFF ,30 ? Why this OFF. The 5f shoudl have enabled this and apple car and android auto
    You have made so many changes according to your messages so it is a little hard to follow what exactly have been done, that's why the latest autoscan would help on that.

ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill - change to "Activated", this means that the menu item is only adjustable when the car is standstill. Usually only option activated besides the actual item is over threshold high.
    IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change,FF FF ,2 = No idea, but don't touch this one
    ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B = for highline camera, with lowline it is not needed to be enabled.
    ENG122229-ENG117742-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-SWA_0x1A = Spurwechselassistent or more familiar lane change assist.

Did you have an hacked unit? Can't remember and don't want to go back four pages to find the info. If not, then probably you don't have this. It is not automatically enabled on all MIB systems.

Well, looks like you need to replace your pdc controller. Someone did parts listing here http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...it-119974.html
    Last edited by downtime; Today at 02:06 PM.