Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: VW Scirocco 2010 Discover Media and RVC retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    5J0919475C should be good for you. According to ETKA, its used from the same time as Škoda's Discover Media PQ 5L0035680 on the Yeti.
    I see on ETKA online that Yeti 2016 group 9, subgroup 919-051 has 6 sensors (4 inner, 2 outer) so the question is if for sure my Skoda 5J0919475C/5J0919475A module support only or at least 4 sensors?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzbdg View Post
    I see on ETKA online that Yeti 2016 group 9, subgroup 919-051 has 6 sensors (4 inner, 2 outer) so the question is if for sure my Skoda 5J0919475C/5J0919475A module support only or at least 4 sensors?
    I'm not sure about this but perhaps its time look at brochures and pricelists for the Yeti. They should shed light on what equipment was available for the model.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've checked. Re-mapping is needed for both plugs between valeo and bosch. I will check how it will work with my Bosch sensors, when I will make adapter for demo installation.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I have newer sensors, Skoda 1J0 4K PDC module and a bumper wires from Golf VI. I did mapping and plug and play connection. OPS on RVC video works
    Discover Media from Scirocco 2010
    Last edited by cruzbdg; 02-26-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Does anybody know if I can configure PDC module to keep active parking aid system for a few seconds when forward gear is engaged? In my previous/factory module (Bosch) parking aid was active for a few seconds if the obstacle was detected and I engaged forward gear.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Does anybody know if I can configure PDC module to keep active parking aid system for a few seconds when forward gear is engaged? In my previous/factory module (Bosch) parking aid was active for a few seconds if the obstacle was detected and I engaged forward gear.
    I am also looking for information on how to do it - I have passat b7 pdc 1k8 919 472 c and it doesn't work for me either. I found in the network that the sensors should be 5Q0919275 B but I do not know if it is truth because no one has confirmed it.
    Nothing on the subject in PDC adaptations.

I still have a problem with discover media and RVC camera - when I attach reverse gear, I see a camera with lines and a car with PDC sensors. If I press the PDC button, instead of showing the car with sensors, it shows me the lines from the camera. Somewhere something supposedly in the 5F adaptations need to be changed but I don't know what.
    Maybe someone solved such a problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    For B7 and 1K8 919 472C, you don't need to change sensors.

Post a complete autoscan and admap of Discover Media PQ.

8. Likes molnar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since everyone posting in this thread is now verified, it's moving to Retrofits.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by molnar View Post
    I am also looking for information on how to do it - I have passat b7 pdc 1k8 919 472 c and it doesn't work for me either. I found in the network that the sensors should be 5Q0919275 B but I do not know if it is truth because no one has confirmed it.
    Nothing on the subject in PDC adaptations.

I still have a problem with discover media and RVC camera - when I attach reverse gear, I see a camera with lines and a car with PDC sensors. If I press the PDC button, instead of showing the car with sensors, it shows me the lines from the camera. Somewhere something supposedly in the 5F adaptations need to be changed but I don't know what.
    Maybe someone solved such a problem
    I am not able to help you with this problem. I don't have PDC button in my car, but I would like to ask you about clock and time displayed on the Discover Media? Do you see a correct time on Discover Media?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not able to help you with this problem. I don't have PDC button in my car, but I would like to ask you about clock and time displayed on the Discover Media? Do you see a correct time on Discover Media?
    This seem like it's a cluster software issue. The DM get's it's time from the instrument cluster over CAN.
    If the software is too old it looks like the message doesn't get sent or is in a different format. So the DM clock always shows 00:00.
    Newer clusters don't seem to have this problem, time is reflected correctly on the Dm when changed in the cluster menu.
    Changing gateway doesn't seem to have any effect here.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist