7 speed DSG 0AM DQ200 basic settings

laugmanis

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=350039
I did the basic settings on my 2010 1.4 Polo. Followed the guide on wiki step by step had no problems at all during the process. When I started driving it doesn't go above 3rd gear. Once it went to 5th gear but when I pulled off from traffic lights it didn't go above 2nd gear. No fault codes show anywhere, no idea what to do now. Can anyone help with this please?

Golftwincharged

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320847
I fixed this issue before, could be software issue related or the problem is the TCM, next time post Auto Scan so we can help you, based on the 0AM this TCM has 3 input speed sensors to calculate slip and clutch position, one is located externally G182 and the other two is located along the other gear selector sensors at back of tcm, unplugged the tcm input speed sensor that goes into the dual mass flywheel area and take for a drive and see if it shifts correctly, if it does then that part of tcm not working, also the reason it will work the system will use input speed signal from ECM to calculate the clutch position and slip as a compensation.

TerryMulhern

Reaction score
Hi there,

I cannot guarantee the authenticity of the information, but once an engineering geek (an old mate with heaps of his crazy automotive ideas about doing physics projects) told me about the features of the dsg gearboxes. Namely: there are the gear variants in which the sensors operate in a pulsed mode, that is, when the shaft unfolds to the required rotations, then the sensor sends a short signal to the control unit that it is required to increase or decrease the gear (usually the unit itself monitors the sensor data all the time and already when it shows the required shaft turns, the control unit switches gear).

TerryMulhern

Reaction score
And in this case, with impulsive sensors, there may be such a situation that if the firmware you put into the gearbox at least for some parameters is not suitable for this box, then there may be similar problems. What exactly happens, for example, you switch to the 3rd gear, the sensor sends a signal that needs to be raised by the transfer, but the firmware states that switching should occur at faster rotations of the shaft (this data is received from another sensor) and it ignores this signal of an increase in transmission. And then the shafts gain the required speed of rotation as prescribed in the firmware, but the signal itself (about the increase of the transmission) is already in possession, because it was previously sent and the box is stuck on one transmission and then it does not switch over to another point. It may depend on how the firmware matches the box But I'm just telling you what I heard.

Back