Thread: Thanks for admitting

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for admitting

Hi there
    My name is Jimmy and i am from Holland.
    I am new here but in Holland i join also a vw forum
    My car is a black VW Golf VI 1.2 tsi from 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    I would make some changes with VCDS and was sure that i saved the log first.
    After the changes didnt work i would set the longcoding back but it wasnt saved.
    So now i had several problems wich i solved for a part but still it isnt good.

First the change that i would make was that when my drl was burning at daylight that my taillights would do that to.
    Normaly in holland its not standard but since several years its allowed to have that.
    So i found out that some golf VI could be changed by setting the lights from ROW (rest of world ) to NAr .
    When i tried to do that everything from then went wrong.
    My central lock with remote control only works on the four doors, and not anymore simular with the backdoor.
    The backdoor altough still works on the middle button of the remote control.
    Front fog lights dont work either anymore and when i put my transmission in the reverse the normal reversebulb on the backside burns but also the right drl starts burning then.
    Back wiper refuses also any moves so what goes wrong i dont know but that lots is going wrong is for sure.
    I am trying to fix it while changing longcodings i get for advice to do and i must say that as far as i am now i can use my car again and for that i am pleased.
    But to get my original longcoding back i guess i could use some help from other people.
    So on the dutch forum they said, take a look on the Ross-tech forum there is lots of more information than on the dutch one.
    I am saving and collecting money to buy the original VCDS cable of Ross-tech but till then i have to manage with the not original one wich i dont like either.
    Hope that someone have some codes or advice.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start by posting an autoscan

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Things can go really wrong when you don't use a genuine cable from these guys and because it's not a genuine one you own, then you won't get any support either from them. The best thing is to buy one and start again with a auto scan and hopefully the support will help get it back to normal again.
    2006 EOS 3.2 V6.

6. Likes hmeco_ liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't notice the last line where they mentioned the clone cable...

In which case, a dealer, decent garage or local VCDS owner might take a look for you.

8. Likes hmeco_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Hi. Things can go really wrong when you don't use a genuine cable from these guys and because it's not a genuine one you own, then you won't get any support either from them. The best thing is to buy one and start again with a auto scan and hopefully the support will help get it back to normal again.
    Yep, its like playing Russian roulette, the question is not If the bullet will go off, but WHEN will the bullet go off..

I have seen those "Pirated" cables, and i think i have one laying around somewhere in my collection of garbage.
    You can see they are awfully bad made, the software is Ross-Tech "branded" but half of the functions are not working, and best of all when you think you are "speaking" with one module in fact your "speaking" with a totally other one. So god knows what he has hexed into his car, and where...
    Best Regards
    Hamzalija "hMeco" Meco

>>> HOW-TO-POST-AUTO-SCANS <<<<<

10. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoosnake View Post
    I am saving and collecting money to buy the original VCDS cable of Ross-tech but till then i have to manage with the not original one wich i dont like either.
    Somehow, "Thanks for admitting" was a really apropos thread title.

Please understand that this forum is for users of legitimate VCDS systems, and the people here are generally not willing to help those who are using pirated versions of the product. In fact, if you post data obtained using a clone, your thread will get moved to the Hall of Shame as soon as a moderator sees it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

12. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand, and i fully agree with it.
    And as soon as i earned the money for it the first thing ill do is buying an original one.
    And yes I am aware that it is their living and dont earn the credits now.

I am not caunting for help and will drive with my establish Golf now till i have the original cable.
    Maybe in the meanwhile ill find something in the forum and if not.....
    Bye for now, see you later

14. Likes iichel, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoosnake View Post
    I am not caunting for help and will drive with my establish Golf now till i have the original cable.
    Maybe in the meanwhile ill find something in the forum and if not.....
    Bye for now, see you later
    Let us know when you get a legitimate one so we can adjust your forum status to Verified.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Let us know when you get a legitimate one so we can adjust your forum status to Verified.

-Uwe-
    Just ordered the unlimited Hex-V2 version by your distribitor Randstadcarsolution in Holland

17. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post