Steering Control Module / Slip Ring help

johnk88

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC718168 (Clone!)
I have a skoda superb 2012 without mfsw and steering module 5k0-953-569-C standard in my car.
Now i want to fit a mfsw from a 2015 octavia. I need to upgrade the steering module to support mfsw.

Does my current module support steering angle sensor? I have parking assist on the car if that helps.

So far i have narrowed it down to parts 5k0-953-569-(H,T,AB,AL) which all support steering angle sensor,mfd,ccs,mfsw.

But if i dont need steering angle sensor i can also look for parts 5k0-953-569-(E,L,AE,AH,AS,BD,BF,BG)

Thanks for any help.

hmeco_

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260276
Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Does my current module support steering angle sensor? I have parking assist on the car if that helps.
Yes it does.

Your steering angle sensor has nothing to do with is your wheel is multi function or not, in fact it can be made out of wood for all it matters. In basic terms it just tells the car if you are turning it left or right, so it can calculate the needed pressure in your power steering pump or motor (whatever you got) to help you turn them wheels in the right direction.
That is why your steering angle sensor is also depending on your 4 ABS sensors to read the speed of rotation of each wheel, since we all know that if you turn left, then the left wheels will turn faster than the right ones (inner vs. outer).

That is my theory. I MIGHT BE WRONG, make sure someone confirms it before you jump into conclusions.

Back