Thread: 2003 audi a6 quattro new trnamssion

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

2003 audi a6 quattro new trnamssion

Hello im currently working on getting my audi transmission replaced, i was wondering what are the steps to take to get the transmission to sync with the car. I contacted audi of america and they say if the new tranni doesnt get programmed with the vag com right i will still have transmission problems and i dont know what they mean by this. My other question is how to use the vag-com to fill the transmission fluid on a seal tranni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Do you have an Auto-Scan from this car so people can see what it's made of?

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Do you have an Auto-Scan from this car so people can see what it's made of?

-Uwe-
    Unfortunately i do not, i haven't bought a vag com yet and i was just wondering if it is easy to reprogram a rebuilt tranni to the car like audi says or if its hard in which case i will just toe it to the shop after the tranni is fixed and back in for a local shop to do. Also unfortunately for me the local audi dealer is a 6 hour drive from here so a local import shop will hopefully be knowledgable to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like it's probably an 01V transmission; a very conventional automatic. There's really not much to "program" other than a kick-down adaptation.

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats the tranni. Audi told me i would have to reprogram if i get a new tranni of this type, but if i just do a rebuild would i have to reprogram the kick down and if so where do i go in the vag com to get one, if its simple then i will just buy a vag com for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What engine does this car have? The kick-down adapation is most likely done in the ECU rather than the TCU.

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know the exact model number of engine of the top of my head but its the 2.7t v6 twin turbo one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    i dont know the exact model number of engine of the top of my head but its the 2.7t v6 twin turbo one.
    OK, the 2.7T is a Drive-By Wire (no throttle cable) so these procedures would apply after you purchase VCDS:

Throttle Body Alignment (TBA), specifically the Drive-by-Wire (DBW) Engines using KWP-2000 or CAN instructions.

Automatic Transmission Basic Settings, specifically the Kick-Down Basic Settings in ECM part.

Lastly, this page covers the 01V but VCDS will load additional information when connected to that controller.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok i sent my original transmission to get rebuilt, I am assuming this way i wont have to reprogram the kick-down and tiptronic settings. theoretically i all will need to do it the throttle body alignment, also since the wiring has been discounted and without power for month what else will i need to reprogram and reset up.