Status
Not open for further replies.

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
Were you running this via USB or WiFi, and if WiFi, AP mode or Infrastructure mode?

-Uwe-

Wifi AP mode.

USB works fine all along.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, so an old TDI ECU and a Win 8.1 tablet don't play nice together in AP mode, but are fine on USB, is that a correct summary?

Remind me, what tablet you have.

-Uwe-

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
OK, so an old TDI ECU and a Win 8.1 tablet don't play nice together in AP mode, but are fine on USB, is that a correct summary?

Remind me, what tablet you have.

-Uwe-

I bought this Win8.1 tablet since the HEX-NET didn't do close to what I had expected through the VCDS mobile, I had hoped this device would help me simplify and make the gadget toolbox smaller (in every way) on the other hand it has only increased the hassle and added the need for additional devices so far! :(

Same on the Eurovans the vehicles two completely different 1999 Eurovans (one mine one a customers) same on my 2002 Eurovan.

It was on the 98 TDI ecu it did work pls see my post quote below:

Unfortunately when I now finally had time and tried it on the same vehicle (EV 99) as I did when I started this thread all I get is no response from controller, restarted VCDS a number of time, even restarted the computer after the BETA update, and the HEX-NET of course also wanted it's SW updated so I did that too.

Same thing happened on my 2002 Eurovan so I don't believe it is the vehicle.

It did communicate with my 1998 TDI ECU (it's not in the 98 body any more) but did not once display any numbers in the fields at the top, where you have VAG number etc etc, only way I knew it was connected was I the fault codes and measure blocks became available to click on.

Also an odd thing on the 98 TDI is that when using the WIN8.1 tablet and Hex-Net in NET mode the TDI timing will NOT show it shows just fine in USB mode.

P.S. The little I tested VCDS mobile it however seemed faster after the sw update!

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
So I am going to post it in this same thread since it's basically the same topic as this thread started with.

First off the tablet has the newest Beta VCDS software and the HEX NET was updated too recently (although that was a major major pain to get completed, took like 3-4 attempts)

Anyhow so I have been using the cable 99% of the time since the wifi has been so unreliable and I really don't have time to fiddle around and gamble on the wifi when I am trying to fix a car (not trying to fix the VCDS...).

So just today had a little more time on a 2004 T-reg that we were trying to calibrate the suspension level control, after five attempts using WIFI AP mode, and yeah it would lock up every single time, only once out of the five times did it even go beyond the "wait" status, but even that time it locked up.

So now my question are:

A) Is this something related to the chipset (as it seems you were able to reproduce the issues)
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...vs-USB-experiences&p=1092&viewfull=1#post1092

B) So in case this is a chipset related issue, has there been any progress in the past four months on this?

C) Should I just look to buy a different tablet?

After having read a couple other threads maybe it's not at all "my" end but the wifi inside the HEX-NET?

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?808-Quick-easy-for-WiFi-issues&p=6341&viewfull=1#post6341

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A) Is this something related to the chipset (as it seems you were able to reproduce the issues)
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...vs-USB-experiences&p=1092&viewfull=1#post1092
That was primarily an issue with certain older WiFi chips in devices and should not be a problem with a Venue 8 Pro.

After having read a couple other threads maybe it's not at all "my" end but the wifi inside the HEX-NET?
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?808-Quick-easy-for-WiFi-issues&p=6341&viewfull=1#post6341
Correct, there are still some WiFi issues. We are working with our vendor, and they are working with the WiFi module vendor. At this point, that's the biggest reason why the HEX-NET isn't out of Beta yet, at least as an interface for VCDS running on a PC.

-Uwe-

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
That was primarily an issue with certain older WiFi chips in devices and should not be a problem with a Venue 8 Pro.

Correct, there are still some WiFi issues. We are working with our vendor, and they are working with the WiFi module vendor. At this point, that's the biggest reason why the HEX-NET isn't out of Beta yet, at least as an interface for VCDS running on a PC.

-Uwe-

So I was just going to post on here yesterday that it seems it is much more stable now, was even able to fully log a car over WIFI and the Dell Venue Pro 8.

However right after that I was curious to see how it would look on my new iPhone 6+ whereby I got this message, maybe this belongs in another thread? Maybe there is one already (will go looking after I post this).

I tried multiple times to turn off and on the WIFI and pull out the VCDS module and back in, nothing, still the same message

IMG_0553.png

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
However right after that I was curious to see how it would look on my new iPhone 6+ whereby I got this message, maybe this belongs in another thread? Maybe there is one already (will go looking after I post this).

I tried multiple times to turn off and on the WIFI and pull out the VCDS module and back in, nothing, still the same message

IMG_0553.png

Scratch that just tested it on my own car and works just fine.

The car giving me issues with the iP6+ yesterday allthough communicating just fine with the Dell Venue pro, also had issues communicating with an ECU reader/flasher device so who knows...

I'll just leave the iP6 comment up here "out there" just in case someone else has the same weirdness, step one try in another car :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
In principle, whatever might be up with that car shouldn't affect your ability to connect to the HEX-NET via WiFi. With older versions of the HEX-NET firmware, only one client could connect to it when it was in AP mode, and when another one tried, it wouldn't be able to. However, that shouldn't be the case anymore, assuming your HEX-NET is fully up-to-date?

-Uwe-

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
In principle, whatever might be up with that car shouldn't affect your ability to connect to the HEX-NET via WiFi.

Yeah that did cross my mind after I typed that too that shouldn't have anything to do with the wifi part..

I
With older versions of the HEX-NET firmware, only one client could connect to it when it was in AP mode, and when another one tried, it wouldn't be able to. However, that shouldn't be the case anymore, assuming your HEX-NET is fully up-to-date?

-Uwe-

I've not updated in a while, I think since the last one that it required to do, I'll have to check on that THANKS!

Vairis

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=236336
The problem is solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back