How to get an extract of everything (e.g., all adaptions) and not just long coding?

Caven

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Hello,

How do I get an extract of everything (e.g., all adaptions) and not just long coding and error codes?

Is this possible??

Thank you.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On what kind of car?

-Uwe-

Caven

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
2018 Audi Q5 Prestige

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
You can create an adaptation- and meas. values map of every control unit using the Applications-->Controller Channel Map feature...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Or Debug 2 in settings menu and doing autoscan.
... And be prepared for that scan to take some time. Best to use a battery charger, or let the engine idle while doing that type of scan.

-Uwe-

Caven

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
You can create an adaptation- and meas. values map of every control unit using the Applications-->Controller Channel Map feature...
Great, thanks.

It looks like I manually need to enter each controller address (01 -> FF), which shouldn't be an issue, but it also asks for "Login or security access code". I presume the code is only required for modules that are protected (but let me know if you believe otherwise).

Thanks.

Caven

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Or Debug 2 in settings menu and doing autoscan.

To make sure I got this right...

Options -> Under Protocol Options header -> Debug Level and set it to '2' (currently it's set to '0') -> Save/Apply -> Auto Scan the way I normally do

Is that correct?

Thank you.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Great, thanks.

It looks like I manually need to enter each controller address (01 -> FF), which shouldn't be an issue, but it also asks for "Login or security access code". I presume the code is only required for modules that are protected (but let me know if you believe otherwise).

Thanks.

The login for an CSV adaptation map is only needed for older modules that use CAN(-only) protocol. Your Audi Q5 should not have such an old module anymore.
You can see this in the left upper corner when you connect to a unit. When it says "UDS", it's a new module and you do not need a login for your adaptation map.

Adaptation maps of old CAN units take a lot of time because all 256 channels are read because VCDS has no clue which channels are accessible actually.

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Did this work?

Caven

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Did this work?

Yes. Using debug code "2" does a scan and dump of everything...took about 35-45 mins for a couple cars: 2017 and 2019 Audi Q7 Prestige

Also, "Applications-->Controller Channel Map feature" works as well if you don't want to wait 35-45 mins for a complete scan but only want a specific module.

Back