Interface not found error - HEX+CAN (USB) Rev. B

BigBazz40

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279959
I've got a HEX+CAN USB interface that I bought through Gendan (Serial HC850867). Upon upgrading to VCDS 18.9.0.2, I now get the dreaded "Ross-Tech USB Interface Not Found!" error when doing the port test.

error01.png

I'm using it on a Dell XPS 13 9360 with a Core i7-8550U CPU and 16Gb of RAM and an ASMedia USB 3 controller, running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates and drivers installed.

Just to be different, however, I'm getting error Code 39 ("Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing.") rather than the more common Code 28.

error02.png

And here's the relevant error from Event Viewer:

error03.png

I've tried:

• Using a different laptop (a Scan 3XS branded Clevo P661HS-G also running Windows 10 Pro)
  • Uninstalling VCDS, rebooting and reinstalling it
  • Uninstalling just the drivers and reinstalling them
  • Disabling all but essential services on Startup through msconfig before starting VCDS

All of the above have been to no avail. In terms of the interface, the LED lights up red then green when connected to a car, as expected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score

BigBazz40

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279959
I'm pleased to confirm that switching the "Memory Integrity" setting under Core Isolation to Off means Windows can now see the interface again. Haven't got round to trying to connect it to a car again yet, however, as it's gone 1am here.

Back