Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf MK7 MIB2 819B to 824B upgrade, FEC/SWaP disabled

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    no. why didn't you ask your friend with ODIS? if he removed CP he has Fazit access and he can restore the codes too.
    We didn't reboot the head unit in the first place. Everything worked smoothly, even App-Connect. That's why I jumped back in the car and enjoyed Google Maps.
    This is our first retrofit, so the trouble began after getting into the car the next day when the head unit started up with the VIN (with dropped codes, obviously).

I am not familiar with ODIS. Can you point out the steps we need to make with Fazit to restore the codes? I want to be prepared when I get back to my friend.

The donor-car had App-Connect enabled. Will the App-Connect FeCs be restored as well?

Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    And I'm pretty sure that you can forget getting APP-Connect officially. Not possible if your previous infotainment did not support that.

I was seeking for the same some time ago. I thought if I install newer MIB system to my car, get the CP removed and FeCs returned can I then buy official app-connect license and have it installed by authorized workshop. Answer was no. As my car is not manufactured at a time where app-connect is aftermarket installable the factory won't allow the enablement. And to make things worse, I would lose the 250€ as the license key is one time use. Even it is rejected, it will be used and game over. It is no-refundable at that point either.
    My car was manufactured in 10.2016 with MIB2. My research pointed out that all MIB2 units (except 819B) do support App-Connect. 819B was installed in my car. So I got 824B with the exact same hardware and software number.

Hopefully this scenario is more likely to work, what do you guys think?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can get app-connect to work if you buy the official retrofit kit from VW. But only if the car originally had MIB unit that supports APP Connect. Now you have retrofitted a different MIB unit that was in the car originally, so I'm afraid no go officially.

And what comes to the ODIS. There's a guided function called Restore codes what you can use to restore them to the module. And no, it does not restore the APP connect FeC as your cars VIN number never had it. But all other stuff will be returned. So you will get bluetooth and phone functionality back and as you have non-navi MIB based on the part number, it should be simple as that.

3. Likes Uwe, dennis. liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever retrofitted your MIB unit should know how to enable it. If not then I suggest you get yourself a VCP cable and spend some time on their forums! On retrofits it's absolutely essential that online updates are disabled for obvious reasons!!!

5. Likes PetrolDave, downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    these should be restored through special functions restore as mentioned above i have done many this way myself

7. Likes downtime, dennis. liked this post