Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery overcharg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the outstanding info I really appreciate it. Between the oil pressure issue which I finally solved and now this I’m about done. I’ll follow your reccomendations and see where I’m at. My instinct is pushing me to the voltage regulator also based on recent data I don’t have available right now. Could you tell me, the reference scan for a 2015 Passat 1.8T s/5M such as the one in the ref scan forum it should be about identical with a few exception(lighting) to the 2015 wolfsburg based on standard features etc right?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Yukon is the only vehicle it’s ever been jumped with and a battery box both 12V as far as I know

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Voltage terminal 30: 0.078 V
    A bad ground to alternator or BCM/gateway can cause a weird exciter situation to happen over LIN network & sporadic or when regulator just happens to be going bad in alternator.

Agreed get a battery just based on time and sort the load shorts I see you have for mirror heaters etc......

A quick read you should observe and grab the popcorn for videos...........

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...erstanding-of-!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad cell, hoping that’s all that was wrong. I shot every wire I could today to verify I didn’t have any shorts to ground and breaks and all is good. Hopefully it stays that way.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad cell, hoping that’s all that was wrong. I shot every wire I could today to verify I didn’t have any shorts to ground and breaks and all is good. Hopefully it stays that way.
    Yes but were any tracks poor in the ability to carry a load such as a poor ground?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........