Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 VW Golf GTi -- TOO RICH P0172

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Email me the mod and alleged stock read please, eeprom and flash.

Please default and recode controller with new WSC.

PM me your valid email address.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Email me the mod and alleged stock read please, eeprom and flash.

Please default and recode controller with new WSC.

PM me your valid email address.
    Which WSC should I use? another thing I wanted to know but couldn't find is how to change the date as the faults are never correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will check over on Friday and keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    * removed and checked HPFP for any symptom
    Are you positively sure............?
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post147564

7. Likes sama13 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a fake lean response due to lift pump being faulty or pre lift pump/regulation & maybe a volume issue such as filter restriction or pickup screen in tank but that oil has to be going someplace!

Plugs being white and clean says lean............

2 liters in 5k........?

UNACCEPTABLE!

Okay Jack, always learning here and would like some input. As I state I own 2 VW, but don't work on them for a living. I do however take about 40 hours a year of ongoing tech training along with ATE seminars, and not does not me an expert, but seeing a trend here. What if does do, is make me aware of just what I don't know, hurts sometimes. These are part of my ongoing training as a company maintenance mechanic but mostly on diesel, but some gas operated sales rigs.

Just finished 6 hours on Chev ECO Tech motors, and seems this is quite common whether Subaru, VW, all of them seem to when striving for fuel mileage to meet all the CARB requirements are using oil. Chevy ECO TECH say 1.5 liters of oil per 2000KM normal. The sad part here is the system only holds 4.6 quarts, OKAY, liter very close to a Quart for argument sake. But They state change oil at 7500 miles, and if your using 1.5 qts (near a Litre) per 2000, you are technically out of oil long before an oil change. If you are not Johnny at the rat hole which most owners aren't this car just melted down.

Okay back to the subject, seeing complaints on all models mostly newer than 14, but oil consumption of what is seen here does not seem to be out of the normal, and from what I have been told a lot of it has to do with lighter ring pressures trying to remove resistance. OKAY, not sure of everything I'm taught, but all of it is trying to be proactive, but just seeing oil consumption as a normal trend, exacerbated by turbos, PCV systems, HPP, all creating a night mare, JMO.

By the way, like this site, and would not own a VW without it.

Larimore

9. Likes sama13, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you positively sure............?
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post147564
    We removed it to check physically and all looks good, if we had fuel with the oil the fuel level would "raise" or be higher not the engine consuming oil and beeping that it needs more. Will ask the guys if they checked the spring but double checking doesn't harm anybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    We removed it to check physically and all looks good, if we had fuel with the oil the fuel level would "raise" or be higher not the engine consuming oil and beeping that it needs more. Will ask the guys if they checked the spring but double checking doesn't harm anybody.

Well let us perform silent meditation and theorize that a spring breaks and it doesn't leak internally but doesn't ramp up either and could explain the lift pump duty cycle climbing........

Okay Jack, always learning here and would like some input. As I state I own 2 VW, but don't work on them for a living. I do however take about 40 hours a year of ongoing tech training along with ATE seminars, and not does not me an expert, but seeing a trend here. What if does do, is make me aware of just what I don't know, hurts sometimes. These are part of my ongoing training as a company maintenance mechanic but mostly on diesel, but some gas operated sales rigs.

Just finished 6 hours on Chev ECO Tech motors, and seems this is quite common whether Subaru, VW, all of them seem to when striving for fuel mileage to meet all the CARB requirements are using oil. Chevy ECO TECH say 1.5 liters of oil per 2000KM normal. The sad part here is the system only holds 4.6 quarts, OKAY, liter very close to a Quart for argument sake. But They state change oil at 7500 miles, and if your using 1.5 qts (near a Litre) per 2000, you are technically out of oil long before an oil change. If you are not Johnny at the rat hole which most owners aren't this car just melted down.

Okay back to the subject, seeing complaints on all models mostly newer than 14, but oil consumption of what is seen here does not seem to be out of the normal, and from what I have been told a lot of it has to do with lighter ring pressures trying to remove resistance. OKAY, not sure of everything I'm taught, but all of it is trying to be proactive, but just seeing oil consumption as a normal trend, exacerbated by turbos, PCV systems, HPP, all creating a night mare, JMO.

By the way, like this site, and would not own a VW without it.

Larimore

Larrymore I don't know as much as you think I know...........who me?

For everything I learn on a day to day, I forget even more, but don't even know what I forgot because I forget, sometimes I think to block bad memories, huh, what?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    that commander Cobra of yours cracks me up!

Happy thanksgiving and thanks for all the help!

13. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Gti is fitted with 4 wire after cat sensor? The voltage then should run around 0.45V. If the ECU does not see this it will think something is wrong with the cat and will make the ECU send rich command to try and protect the cat. Lean readings for ECU will damage the cat.
    Replace the cat.