Police / Security mode - Engine running unable to move from Park without keys

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent setting to what they call "secure idle" on the fords for an Audi S5? It basically allows you to have the car running but in Park and it does not allow gears to be engaged if the key is not in the car. For vehicles with roof and warning lights you can see why this would be useful :)

Cheers, Andy

Police Engine Idle feature (AKA SecureIdle)

– This feature allows you to leave the engine running and prevents your vehicle from unauthorized use when outside of your vehicle. Allows the key to be removed from ignition while vehicle remains idling, the running vehicle cannot be put into any gear.

It's BCM: 726-42-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx

For keyed ignitions, it requires a button. Keyless ignitions work without any added buttons.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
I've never heard of this and can't really see a reason why you'd want it. On the VW range they have a webasto parking heater which can heat up the car and defog the windows by timer or remote.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
whenever I had to leave my gti running, I just left the key in it and locked it with the fob.

either a quick disconnect on your keyring, or an extra key in your pocket.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I know this feature exists on Police vehicles, but those ordered from VW are also considered special vehicles with some different hardware/software.

Like on B6, it had issues with Can-GW on Police cars and new had to be special ordered with note for "Police vehicle".

Reactions: Uwe

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
I've never heard of this and can't really see a reason why you'd want it. On the VW range they have a webasto parking heater which can heat up the car and defog the windows by timer or remote.

I think you misunderstood my post, it was not related to auxiliary heating but other items like lightbars etc

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
I know this feature exists on Police vehicles, but those ordered from VW are also considered special vehicles with some different hardware/software.

Like on B6, it had issues with Can-GW on Police cars and new had to be special ordered with note for "Police vehicle".

Thats a shame, i've not seen the setting either but its good to see it on the ford etc

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
If you were to find a way to do this, I could see you having an interesting time with your insurance company if the car was stolen while in that mode.

If the engine's running, presumably the ECUs have to remain powered up, so someone nefarious could conceivably change whatever coding options you changed back, and drive the car away.

I'd imagine Police vehicles are covered by somewhat unusual insurance policies...

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
If you were to find a way to do this, I could see you having an interesting time with your insurance company if the car was stolen while in that mode.

If the engine's running, presumably the ECUs have to remain powered up, so someone nefarious could conceivably change whatever coding options you changed back, and drive the car away.

I'd imagine Police vehicles are covered by somewhat unusual insurance policies...

Thanks for the reply Mike, I actually purchased my cable through you guys :)

Your correct, Police, in the same way as ambulance and fire, actually utilise their own insurance with a government set pot of money I believe. Strange that Ford have this as such and easy change, i've not put it on the wife EcoSport though.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
MWL (Motorweiterlauf) is accomplished in VAG cars using an additional module which should be located at address 3D.

A possible part number of such a device is 1T0 907 427.

Sorry, but that is all I know. You can find some German documentation using Google, but nothing to specific.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
@TBAx Great info, thanks for being so helpful :D

Back