Bluetooth dongle

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Hi guys not sure If this is posted in correct place but anyone got and suggestions on what Bluetooth dongle to use on my car with s iPhone app I have a fully licensed vcds just want a toy to play with from my phone maybe see stuff while driving

Cheers Matt

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
You need to get a hex net. If you PM Uwe he will advise you of a trade in option.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There is no Bluetooth dongle for VCDS. The HEX-NET uses WiFi.

Matt already has a HEX-V2. As it is a current interface and universal to all VW/Audi, we don't have an upgrade program from HEX-V2 to HEX-NET.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Ok cheers just wondering if there is any recommendations for a app/Bluetooth for my iphone I could get as a toy see figures as I drive etc . Will always use vcds as my main tool

Cheers Matt

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
..... suggestions on what Bluetooth dongle to use on my car with s iPhone app ..... just want a toy to play with from my phone maybe see stuff while driving

... just wondering if there is any recommendations for a app/Bluetooth for my iphone I could get as a toy see figures as I drive etc . Will always use vcds as my main tool

There is no Bluetooth dongle for VCDS. The HEX-NET uses WiFi.

HEX-NET is the only option offered by Ross-Tech that will allow a phone to speak with a car. There are other products out there. They do use Bluetooth. They are not discussed on this forum. Please search for info on them in other places. Good luck!

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Seeing I’m a customer thought I might of got some help I posted it in a only registered customers bit so I do own vcds myself just wanted something cheap to play with on my phone . But will always use vcds because I own a genuine lead . I wasn’t trying to get out of buying your product because I already have it

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think it wasn't entirely clear what you were asking for.

If you're looking to use VCDS-Mobile, then you need a HEX-NET interface (which also fully supports VCDS running on a PC), but the HEX-NET uses WiFi, not Bluetooth.

If you're looking for something that really used Bluetooth, there are a number of other products out there that come with their own apps, but this forum is probably the wrong place to ask for a recommendation. ;)

-Uwe-

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Ah I see ok cheers uwe . I don’t really need anything Also didn’t realise vcds had a app so might look at getting the hex-net now I know that’s the case

Yeah don’t really need Bluetooth one just something to play with as I have fully registered vcds anyway

Matt k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345211
Ok cheers I will just find something to play with then end of the day I have a registered version of vcds that will always be my main scan tool

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
I have a generic elm bluetooth dongle I use (less often now) on android with torque and dash.

But the one I have doesn't work with IOS, so I need to find something that works with both IOS and android.

swenak

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=236893
You must buy something with BT LE support. Kiwi 3 work with iPhone without problems. Limitation is, that you can read in iOS (and Android too) only basic OBDII PIDs.

Back