Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth dongle

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluetooth dongle

Hi guys not sure If this is posted in correct place but anyone got and suggestions on what Bluetooth dongle to use on my car with s iPhone app I have a fully licensed vcds just want a toy to play with from my phone maybe see stuff while driving

Cheers Matt

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get a hex net. If you PM Uwe he will advise you of a trade in option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There is no Bluetooth dongle for VCDS. The HEX-NET uses WiFi.

Matt already has a HEX-V2. As it is a current interface and universal to all VW/Audi, we don't have an upgrade program from HEX-V2 to HEX-NET.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok cheers just wondering if there is any recommendations for a app/Bluetooth for my iphone I could get as a toy see figures as I drive etc . Will always use vcds as my main tool

Cheers Matt

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt k View Post
    ..... suggestions on what Bluetooth dongle to use on my car with s iPhone app ..... just want a toy to play with from my phone maybe see stuff while driving
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt k View Post
    ... just wondering if there is any recommendations for a app/Bluetooth for my iphone I could get as a toy see figures as I drive etc . Will always use vcds as my main tool
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    There is no Bluetooth dongle for VCDS. The HEX-NET uses WiFi.
    HEX-NET is the only option offered by Ross-Tech that will allow a phone to speak with a car. There are other products out there. They do use Bluetooth. They are not discussed on this forum. Please search for info on them in other places. Good luck!

6. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing Iím a customer thought I might of got some help I posted it in a only registered customers bit so I do own vcds myself just wanted something cheap to play with on my phone . But will always use vcds because I own a genuine lead . I wasnít trying to get out of buying your product because I already have it

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think it wasn't entirely clear what you were asking for.

If you're looking to use VCDS-Mobile, then you need a HEX-NET interface (which also fully supports VCDS running on a PC), but the HEX-NET uses WiFi, not Bluetooth.

If you're looking for something that really used Bluetooth, there are a number of other products out there that come with their own apps, but this forum is probably the wrong place to ask for a recommendation.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah I see ok cheers uwe . I donít really need anything Also didnít realise vcds had a app so might look at getting the hex-net now I know thatís the case

Yeah donít really need Bluetooth one just something to play with as I have fully registered vcds anyway

12. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok cheers I will just find something to play with then end of the day I have a registered version of vcds that will always be my main scan tool