Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi S3 8L (2002) - Internal Control Module Memory Error.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I didn't realise a year had passed! My ABS Controller is completely knackered now and I will be sending it off to a company called http://bba-reman.com to be hopefully repaired. I've managed to source a second hand one from eBay, which I've tested, just needed to be reprogrammed and the steering wheel sensor needs to be re-calibrated. I'm not looking forward to brake bleeding

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cant you just split the ABS module in car & without swapping entire manifold to save work operations?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update..

Ive now replaced the ABS module for a Second hand item and the 65535 fault has been rectified.

I also replaced the second pressure sensor on the master cylinder AND the short tail loom to both pressure sensors as i had a fault stored, but i`m still getting the `electrical fault in circuit` code. The rest of the loom that runs along the bulkhead looks to be ok.

Interestingly, i only had this fault on the rear g214 pressure sensor when the car went in to have the pump changed, however since the rear one has been changed, i now have the fault on both the 201 and 214 again. Both sensors have been replaced this year. When i coded the replacement module at home Prior to the pump being fitted, the only code was the G214 fault, so i know this is not an internal issue with the Module as i would have seen both sensor faults then.

I notice that one of the possible solutions on Ross Tech Wiki is a pump bleed. My garage that i use were unable to pressure bleed the entire ABS system (only doing the master cylinder) as VCDS crashed during an update. As the wiring was the only other thing that was interfered with when the sensor was changed, could this issue be the fact that the sensors are not seeing the correct pressure in the system? Although ok, the pedal doesn`t feel as firm as it should under-foot. Both sensors are reading 194PSI in the measuring blocks.

The ESP triangle light doesn`t immediately illuminate when starting the car tending to take a minute or so before it pops up on the dash.

I don`t appear to have any visible wiring damage anywhere- most of the wiring looks to be hidden behind the bulkhead area anyway.

I see a lot of S3/TT videos with the ESP light illuminated on the dash. These sensors seem to be a common fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the RTFB say, this isn't a new auto scan, post one okay?

Did you verify for FOD yet?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    What's the RTFB say, this isn't a new auto scan, post one okay?

Did you verify for FOD yet?
    I made an error posting yesterday. I thought i had started my own thread but i realise i jumped on the end of another users.
    Thats what happens with just 2 hours sleep.

My apologies. I`ll start my own thread and post a fresh scan

apologies @rraghvani for jumping on your thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still not an auto-scan.............