Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New device in pipeline?? Hexnet age?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpi_10 View Post
    Hello UWE, if DOIP is used in VAG then we need a new VCDS connector? or is it only with the HEX-NET cable? How can we imagine that?
    Nothing has changed since I last addressed this subject 6 months ago. There are still no cars that require DoIP, not even the latest e-tron quattro from Audi. Maybe the new ID series? We don't know yet.

Yes, if/when there is a car that requires DoIP, you will need a new interface.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Eric, PetrolDave liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the Hex-Net, it should work but the DOIP?

whether direct connection in the LAN port RJ45 with OBD, or HEX NET over W-Lan is in principle the same or?.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Is there a vision for HEX-V2 DOIP on the subject, man could just switch an adapter in between, as the picture in the appendix or? Or will something like that come not into question if DOIP is implemented.

https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Me...pt=ABB&sel=ACC

I apologize for asking with such a curiosity. Here is the following background, I want to buy the Hex-Net and I am afraid that I then no longer need it because of the MLB / EVO conversion in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With the Hex-Net, it should work but the DOIP?
    What is "it"?

The upcoming second-generation HEX-NET will support DOIP transparently. You plug it in and it works just like a HEX-NET, via K-Lines, CAN, or DoIP. You connect to the HEX-NET using USB or WiFi, or you can use VCDS-Mobile.

I apologize for asking with such a curiosity. Here is the following background, I want to buy the Hex-Net and I am afraid that I then no longer need it because of the MLB / EVO conversion in the future.
    You have a HEX+CAN now, correct? One that you have not registered with us....

What kind(s) of car(s) do you have now?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i have current the HEX-CAN, but i will make a upgrade to HEX-NET. But when the appearance from the HEX-NET Generation 2 in a short time is. I will waiting to this and buy Gen.2.

The Car Current are, A6 4g ( Golf 7 ) A4 8w. But i have with Hex Can in some control Units Problem with the fault codes or adjustments.

When can we expect the Hex-Net Gen.2?
    Last edited by cpi_10; 05-14-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    When can we expect the Hex-Net Gen.2?
    Our current plan is early in 2020.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there an off chance that existing hex-nets may be able to be upgraded physically (ie send unit to RT, swap in new board or whatever), or even mail any upgraded component(s) to user for user installation ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    is there an off chance that existing hex-nets may be able to be upgraded physically (ie send unit to RT, swap in new board or whatever), or even mail any upgraded component(s) to user for user installation ?
    No, I'm afraid not. It will be an all new board set. If you look at the requirements for electrical isolation of ethernet, you'd see that this is not a trivial upgrade; and yes, we're doing this "by the book" (unlike some products out there). Moreover, the existing micro-controller in the HEX-NET doesn't have the requisite on-board peripherals to support it, so there will be a new one used. And last, we'll be upgrading the WiFi module to a newer spec. So this is kinda like asking whether and iPhone 6 can be upgraded to iPhone X specifications.

But look at it this way: There is no compelling reason for to have a DoIP-capable interface unless/until VAG starts selling cars that require it for diagnostic access, and as I've stated repeatedly, we don't know when (if ever!) they will do that. We simply don't want to get caught with our pants down if they ever do.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Nothing has changed since I last addressed this subject 6 months ago. There are still no cars that require DoIP, not even the latest e-tron quattro from Audi. Maybe the new ID series? We don't know yet.

Yes, if/when there is a car that requires DoIP, you will need a new interface.

-Uwe-
    Will you also be revising the HEX-V2 to include DoIP?

Currently have HEX-NET but considering I use it via the cable 99% of the time you could say it is a bit overkill.

However I have an ID.3 (1st Edition) pre-booked so just weighing up my option on if I may need to upgrade again.
    HEX-NET

2016 Škoda Superb L&K (190CR)
    Pre-booked a VW ID.3 1st Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Will you also be revising the HEX-V2 to include DoIP?
    Not unless/until we are sure there is a need for it.

-Uwe-

11. Likes Gizmo liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello UWE, is there already an expected release date for the DoIP interface?

Can man with the new DoIP interface then the non DoIP capable vehicles reading