maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
hi
Looking for some help on my hex-net

Eventually managed to get it to connect to my mobile using VCDS-Mobile but it give the following message in the colour red

have an error as follows '' SD Crtical Error ! please contact Ross-Tech for support''

Any ideas ? how can I resolve this or is it a firmware issue or something more as the unit is up to date.

any help appreciated

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to HEX-NET support.

Try a 45 second full reset first:
With the interface powered up, either from a car or from a USB cable, press and hold the button for 45-50 seconds. Use a timepiece! When you release the button, you should get a short confirmation beep. Then leave the interface powered up for a few minutes, followed by powering it down for a minute, and then power it back up.

If that doesn't fix it, the distributor you purchased it from should be able to get you a new card, or replace the card for you.

-Uwe-

maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
sorry...but back again now that I have a little time to play over holidays

hi
back again with the same VCDS issues as before...

I have had this sent back to the supplier and they ''allegedley'' replaced the sd card...same issue still exists which is it either takes forever to connect to wifi or not at all until you reboot it and the other is it will not even connect to my mobile ! but they say they cannot get it to ''fault''

any help now appreciated.....looking like a rather expensive door wedge.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have had this sent back to the supplier.
Who was the supplier?

When I had problems with the SD card Ross-Tech sent me a new one and held my hand through getting my HEX-NET working again - but then I bought my HEX-NET direct.

maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
it was an official UK stockist - Gendan

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Really? You have "SD Critical Error" again?

same issue still exists which is it either takes forever to connect to wifi or not at all until you reboot it and the other is it will not even connect to my mobile ! but they say they cannot get it to ''fault''
[
Tell us about your WiFi router. What kind is it? What channel is it on? How many other WiFi networks are in the neighborhood?

How are you trying to "connect to my mobile"?

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Tell us about your WiFi router. What kind is it? What channel is it on? How many other WiFi networks are in the neighborhood?-
Definitely worth checking this maxx16v...

That was the problem I first had with my HEX-NET - if the router location is set to UK it can use channels that are not used in the US (and which the HEX-NET cannot use), sure enough my router was set to UK and Auto allocation of WiFi channel and was using one of those non-US channels! So I changed my router location to US and my HEX-NET connected straight away.

BTW for ease of connecting to the HEX-NET I've also configured my router so it always allocates the same IP address to the HEX-NET :)

maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
It is not displaying an sd card erroir

its a Hub 3.0
VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM
manufactured by ARRIS
a typical standard Virgin Media router.
showing 4 0ther wireless networks in the area but not with strong signals

Enabled wireless frequency is 2.4 Ghz wireless mode 802.11b/g/n mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 1 and also grayed out is channel width 20 Mhz)

Enabled wireless frequency is 5 Ghz wireless mode 802.11a/n/ac mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 44 and also grayed out is channel 20/40 Mhz)

Smart Wifi = Enable channel optimization.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and using my personal wifi hotsopt to connect the Hex-Net as per instructions that came with it to connect to mobile but it does not see a signal at all from Hex-Net.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and using my personal wifi hotsopt to connect the Hex-Net as per instructions that came with it to connect to mobile but it does not see a signal at all from Hex-Net.
Are you switching the HEX-NET into Access Point mode from Infrastructure when you want to connect to your Galaxy?

maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
yes definitely ..just getting fed up going round in circles.....
Gendan last response was to re-post this online.....so I now have a VCDS incapable of WiFi access after they swapped SD Card

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Enabled wireless frequency is 2.4 Ghz wireless mode 802.11b/g/n mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 1 and also grayed out is channel width 20 Mhz)
I wonder why Channel 1 is grayed out? Use channel 6 or 11. The HEX-NET cannot use anything above 11.

Enabled wireless frequency is 5 Ghz wireless mode 802.11a/n/ac mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 44 and also grayed out is channel 20/40 Mhz).
The HEX-NET doesn't support 5 GHz at all.

If you are trying to use your phone's hot-spot, then of course the phone isn't going to see a signal from the HEX-NET. In that case the HEX-NET must connect to the phone's hot-spot.

yes definitely ..just getting fed up going round in circles.....
Gendan last response was to re-post this online.....so I now have a VCDS incapable of WiFi access after they swapped SD Card
Have you set up the WiFi profiles again using VCIConfig? WiFi profiles are stored on the SD Card, so replacing it means all previous WiFi configuration data is gone and needs to be re-done.

-Uwe-

maxx16v

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342531
the HEX-NET does not connect to the phones hotspot .
will retry the VCIConfig again but something is not right at all as it takes forever or just times out
will try a hard reset of 45-50 seconds and start all over.
will update again next week when I am back home again from work.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030

I have had this sent back to the supplier and they ''allegedley'' replaced the sd card...same issue still exists which is it either takes forever to connect to wifi or not at all until you reboot it and the other is it will not even connect to my mobile ! but they say they cannot get it to ''fault''.

Just to confirm, there's no "allegedly" about it.
I personally replaced the SD card in your interface as a precaution as we couldn't get the interface to present the errors you were describing (SD critical error).
We still have the original SD card here in case Ross-Tech wish to examine it.

Having replaced the SD card I did the 45 second reset to pair the new card with the interface, then tested it in infrastructure mode on our Wi-Fi (a BT Business Smart Hub) and in AP mode, both of which worked fine.
When you subsequently called us for support having received it back, from memory you did not have the interface or the car with you at the time for us to be able to try anything, but I suggested doing the 45 second reset again.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
the HEX-NET does not connect to the phones hotspot . will retry the VCIConfig again but something is not right at all as it takes forever or just times out

Just a note, if something with the encryption is wrong, such as if your phone is using an encryption method that the HEX-NET doesn't support, it may appear as a timeout. As a test I would try disabling security on your phone's hotspot and see if it can connect then. If it works with encryption off, then double check your password and what encryption settings you are using. There are certain non-standard modes of WPA that the interface does not support.

Back