Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hex-net error help please

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Hex-net error help please

hi
    Looking for some help on my hex-net

Eventually managed to get it to connect to my mobile using VCDS-Mobile but it give the following message in the colour red

have an error as follows '' SD Crtical Error ! please contact Ross-Tech for support''

Any ideas ? how can I resolve this or is it a firmware issue or something more as the unit is up to date.

any help appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd contact Ross Tech support: support@ross-tech.com

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moved to HEX-NET support.

Try a 45 second full reset first:
    With the interface powered up, either from a car or from a USB cable, press and hold the button for 45-50 seconds. Use a timepiece! When you release the button, you should get a short confirmation beep. Then leave the interface powered up for a few minutes, followed by powering it down for a minute, and then power it back up.

If that doesn't fix it, the distributor you purchased it from should be able to get you a new card, or replace the card for you.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry...but back again now that I have a little time to play over holidays

hi
    back again with the same VCDS issues as before...

I have had this sent back to the supplier and they ''allegedley'' replaced the sd card...same issue still exists which is it either takes forever to connect to wifi or not at all until you reboot it and the other is it will not even connect to my mobile ! but they say they cannot get it to ''fault''

any help now appreciated.....looking like a rather expensive door wedge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx16v View Post
    I have had this sent back to the supplier.
    Who was the supplier?

When I had problems with the SD card Ross-Tech sent me a new one and held my hand through getting my HEX-NET working again - but then I bought my HEX-NET direct.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was an official UK stockist - Gendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    back again with the same VCDS issues as before...
    Really? You have "SD Critical Error" again?

same issue still exists which is it either takes forever to connect to wifi or not at all until you reboot it and the other is it will not even connect to my mobile ! but they say they cannot get it to ''fault''
    [
    Tell us about your WiFi router. What kind is it? What channel is it on? How many other WiFi networks are in the neighborhood?

How are you trying to "connect to my mobile"?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Tell us about your WiFi router. What kind is it? What channel is it on? How many other WiFi networks are in the neighborhood?-
    Definitely worth checking this maxx16v...

That was the problem I first had with my HEX-NET - if the router location is set to UK it can use channels that are not used in the US (and which the HEX-NET cannot use), sure enough my router was set to UK and Auto allocation of WiFi channel and was using one of those non-US channels! So I changed my router location to US and my HEX-NET connected straight away.

BTW for ease of connecting to the HEX-NET I've also configured my router so it always allocates the same IP address to the HEX-NET

10. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not displaying an sd card erroir

its a Hub 3.0
    VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM
    manufactured by ARRIS
    a typical standard Virgin Media router.
    showing 4 0ther wireless networks in the area but not with strong signals

Enabled wireless frequency is 2.4 Ghz wireless mode 802.11b/g/n mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 1 and also grayed out is channel width 20 Mhz)

Enabled wireless frequency is 5 Ghz wireless mode 802.11a/n/ac mixed channel is manual ( grayed out is channel 44 and also grayed out is channel 20/40 Mhz)

Smart Wifi = Enable channel optimization.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and using my personal wifi hotsopt to connect the Hex-Net as per instructions that came with it to connect to mobile but it does not see a signal at all from Hex-Net.
    Last edited by maxx16v; 12-26-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: additional info input

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and using my personal wifi hotsopt to connect the Hex-Net as per instructions that came with it to connect to mobile but it does not see a signal at all from Hex-Net.
    Are you switching the HEX-NET into Access Point mode from Infrastructure when you want to connect to your Galaxy?