High Beam Assist retrofit on Golf 7

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I connected ODIS (offline) and saw nothing helpful in the coding. So I tried "reset of all adaptations" and now the module says it is not parameterized.
That one is positively evil. We had a few people do that with VCDS and decided to put a warning in. Something tells me that ODIS doesn't include such a warning?

-Uwe-

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
ODIS online cannot parameterise a module that doesn't belong to that car. You'll need VCP to do it or a donor car with that module and ODIS online.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
definitely not such warning. ODIS must be assuming that I am working on a car that has the module officially, he can always re-parameterize.

I don't have a nearby VCP anywhere.

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
it was fixed this morning by official ODIS with VAG access.

Reactions: Uwe

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I am really losing my s*** with that annoying camera. this morning we fully coded, adapted and calibrated it with ODIS. tonight I went for a drive test. long story short, very little changed, if nothing.

1) the assistant PERFECTLY sees and PROMPTLY responds to road illumination.
2) the assistant DECENTLY sees and DECENTLY responds to tail lights from cars in front of me, going in the same direction.
3) the assistant APPEARS TO BE BLIND to front beams from cars approaching me from the other direction. particularly, it wants to switch off high beams way too late, when the car approaching me is too close, and the driver already started flashing seconds ago because I am blinding him.

I am now giving up, the thing is disabled. since it behaves really good with road illumination, I somehow have the feeling that the camera is maybe aimed too high. if only there was an adjustment. I can't help but being perplexed, and PISSED.

andr6369

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=336950
Did you ever solve this problem. Im having just the same in my Golf 7.5 with a camera from a Passat.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
hi, no, I was never able to fix it so I just sold the mirror. I replaced the windscreen and retrofitted the A5 camera, which works just perfectly as HBA.

Back